Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To avoid putting good wheels through a Northeast winter + wasting $ on tire changes I plan on getting 17" wheels for the MS6. From threads here it appears used stock 6 17" alloys are the obvious choice.
How much for those and is there a cheaper option?

Criteria:
Stock offset, bolt pattern, center diameter --- basically a no-headaches fit.
Stock width
Widely available used, unless they're cheap enough it doesn't matter.
Prefer if the styling matches the car; not a 'loud' look at me style. Car is Titanium Grey. Steelies are 3rd choice, practical but way ugly. Stamped steel whls are not always true - not 100% rouund and have side runout.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
To avoid putting good wheels through a Northeast winter + wasting $ on tire changes I plan on getting 17" wheels for the MS6. From threads here it appears used stock 6 17" alloys are the obvious choice.
How much for those and is there a cheaper option?
[/b]
The OEM Mazda6 17" rims are a very good choice for winter rims. I used a set last winter, and the fitment is great. I think they look pretty good as well, especially if you are trying to keep an understated look.

They are pretty expensive new from a dealer (isn't everything?), but you can get a used set pretty cheap ($300 to $400 range).

Your other option is to go aftermarket for something in a 17" size. I decided to go that route this winter with some Rota rims. With the aftermarket option, you can get some pretty lightweight rims, and of course the selection of rim styles is huge. You will probably end up paying more than you would for a set of used Mazda6 rims, however.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I use a set of 17'' OEM mazda3 rims I bought off ebay for $200 shipped. They fit fine and look good too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought a set of 17" Mazda6 wheels for my MS3 winter set, $180 plus shipping. Dunlop SP Winter Sport M3 rubber for $133/tire from mavistire.com. They've now been installed on my car and fit well, but I can't tell you how they work as I haven't picked up my car yet. Good price IMO for a winter set.

Check out craigslist for wheels, I found mine in Phoenix and had them shipped to Washington. Look at the listings for all the larger cities near you and just consider shipping them.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I bought 4 Ford Fusion rims. Look for Fusion/Milan/Five Hundred/Freestyle on ebay.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,570 Posts
I got 16" 3 rims for winter and put snow tires on them. Total cost: about $500 for tires and wheels.

·
Registered
679 Posts
That won't fit a MS6.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I got 16" 3 rims for winter and put snow tires on them. Total cost: about $500 for tires and wheels.
[/b]
$500 which should have gone to installing springs and sway bars! Or even clear sides! HAHAHAHA :nana:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts