Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

We're looking for a replacement car for the Integra daily... and were looking at the Audi A4 before stumbling across the Mazda 6. I must say that I am quite impressed with it!

We're pretty sure about it.. just need to find a deal now!

I am also with liteswap.com and am working with the mods to see if we can become a sponsor as well!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Reading Topic: Corvette Owner New to Site :)

Welcome aboard! Before I bought my 6s, I too looked at the A4 but in the end, I couldn't justify the price difference. They're both great cars and you can't go wrong with either one, but you will save a few grand by going with the Mazda :)

So far, I love my 6 and have absolutely no regrets.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

more than a few grand :) try DOUBLE the price almost.

The A4 we were looking at MSRP'd at just over $41k

The 6 were looking at is MSRP'd at $25k

We lose the AWD feature.. but I think the 6 is a pretty good value...

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

We also test drove a Honda Element for fun. Useful car, but everytime I look at it, I just cannot picture myself driving it!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Yep, same here. But If I had the parking space available and could afford a second vehicle, I'd probably still get it.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

all i gotta say is...KEEP THE CORVETTE!! Hands down on of the best sports cars ever made....at least in my opinion=). It will bring a tear to my eye if you're going to be trading the beauty in..

-yasir

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

no no no! I will never trade that in anytime soon! We need to find a larger car to replace our 1995 Acura Integra. It has 155k miles on it now (we bought it new)! Time for a replacement I guess. When we got it, we were college students, but now that we are older (gasp!) and need something larger and nicer.... the Mazda 6 seems to fit right in! SOOO... in the garage, it is going to be Corvette / Mazda 6 not...
---- / Mazda 6 :D

Also, what are your thoughts on purchasing a 1st year car? I've always been weary of buying a car that has just been introduced because of all the bugs, etc. PLus next year, they will most likely offer HID standard as well as Navigation?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Reading Topic: Corve

WHEW.....you woulda broken my heart...and i don't even know you=P. I too was questioning whether or not to buy a 1st year car....but then i thought about it, and with the help of this website, i finally caved in. the way i see it, the car had been out in Europe and Japan for about 8 months before it was released here....during that time it won quite a few awards and car of the years. Another thing to think about is, how it is a first year car, it is pretty much Mazda's necessity car. They've been slowly dwindling away, and this car is the one that they are trying to establish their reputaton back with. So far....1060 miles in i have no regrets. The car is just fun to drive everytime i sit in it. If you are looking to buy, or hell even test drive....check out Rosenthal Mazda in Arlington (not Vienna, avoid them at all costs); and ask for Neddal. Really nice guy, treated me right...didn't pressure me into buying the car...very helpful explaining the little details about the car...he really knew his stuff! I'm only saying this cause i see you're in Silver Spring, so it's not that long of a trek=). First things first tho...definitely go for a test drive, to see if you dig the car, and then go from there. g'luck!

-yasir

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

actually... I was just there yesterday! I forgot who I spoke to because I didnt have time for a drive, just wanted to pick up a brochure.

I am just kinda weary on 1st year cars because I used to work for Ford.. I was even on the Jag S-Type launch. A lot of things got pushed through even though it wasnt perfect.

Another thing is, options that may not have been ready at the time are released later.... now if I can contact my old buddies who used to work at Visteon and get my ECU reprogrammed THAT would rock!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

best of luck to you on that matter Eric. I guess the biggest question otherwise would be....how much do you really need the new car. I was fresh outta college, so a new car was definitely a necessity. On the otherhand, if i could go another year or so with the cars i have, then that's the other thing to consider...if you can go another year, i don't think there would be any harm in that. Hell hopefully by late this year, the hatchback and wagon will be available as well...nice alternatives no doubt.

-yasir

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Corvette Owner New to Site :)'

Don't worry about Ford "pushing" this release. Any move that Ford tries to make that would negatively affect Mazda's stock, like releasing a sub-par automobile, would not be allowed under Japanese law. So don't worry, Ford can make this car better, but they can't legally screw it up. :D

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

lol.

Well.. the Integra is pushing its life. I dont know how much longer the transmission or various other little things will hold up. Plus, the 6 looks SOOO nice. we just want it! I guess the smart thing to do would be to wait: better pricing, more saved on downpayment... but then were also looking at the possibility of Integra transmission breaking, timing belt replaced, lower trade-in value, etc.

Lots to think about!!! I wish I just had the money and could go in and pay cash :D

·
Registered
446 Posts

liteswap, I see your point about the Integra. I don't know about your cars history but I'm on 177k with my Pathfinder and still going - so don't doubt your current car. Mine has needed small amounts of work here and there but nothing major yet. I'm waiting until the 6 hatch is released, so we'll see how much longer the truck holds up.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

CVette,

Well.. the Integra will need within a short amount of time:

Front rotors
Timing Belt
Transmission (shift delays, clunking, hard shifts, etc)
Timing Belt
O2 sensor

Now the small stuff I can take care of myself.. I could probably replace a transmission by myself, but I don't think I would want to go through the trouble...

So herein lies the question... how many more miles do I think the transmission could last? To be safe, I would say until the springtime. My guess is that by late spring, we should have more definitive news on 2004 models and what options may be arriving that the 03s did not have.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts