Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may be aware that we are developing a TMIC for the MS3/MS6/CX7. Here are some pics of the assembled unit (one pic shows it sitting on top of the stock IC).

It has fully cast end tanks and a bar and plate core design. The larger cast end tanks keep the stock cast design (which allows for almost completely even flow across the core compared to folded end tanks which can narrow the flow to the middle of the core), but utilize a larger opening and core for increased flow and cooling.

We will be doing some testing and post up more information soon.

-Derrick

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
131 Posts
It's look like it will use the stock shroud . Nice !

·
Registered
884 Posts
wow looks really nice, any thoughts on price? i'll give you 100 dorra.....or whatever else you might want me to pay haha.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Cool, a nice looking TMIC at a good price. Can't wait for this!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Update???

·
Registered
304 Posts
i just called and they still have no release date for theres yet they said it will be in the next couple of mounths

·
Registered
304 Posts
i think with the new release of cp-e top mount they will probally get the ball rolling on this and have it released soon imo

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
so who is going to be the first to get rid of the cold pipe joint and just use a larger actual pipe?

·
Site Sponsor
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is hard to really give a apples to apples comparision between the two. When we finish getting the information up about our TMIC I will see if I can work on some data comparisons.

-Derrick

·
Site Sponsor
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We are closing down the $299 pre-order today for the TMIC. The price will go back to the $399 retail.

We are on schedule for having the TMIC going out in late March.

-Derrick

·
Site Sponsor
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is a picture of the production intercooler. We are on schedule to have these available late March.

-Derrick

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
^^^Yummy :)^^^

·
Registered
269 Posts
So does this mean the production version will not have the black coating that the "test" TMIC had? What was that coating?
-a

·
Site Sponsor
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
So does this mean the production version will not have the black coating that the "test" TMIC had? What was that coating?
-a
The coating was black paint. We have powder coated the end tanks on some FMIC in the past which looked good. You dont want to powder coat the actual core though our you lose some of the heat transfer properties.

-Derrick

1 - 20 of 31 Posts