Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Corksport has a horrible reputation? I've been buying their parts since before forever. Never had a problem with em.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
This is not true. I'm sorry if you have had issues with us, or if you know of people who have. I won't say we haven't ever had recalls, but I will say that we rarely have them.

If you have any issues with any of our parts we will take care of you, email us [email protected] or fill out our warranty form here: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form?EQBCT=6250031a739844adaddfd91666d9c770
Ive never personally had issues with your products as ive never bought any of them. After seeing & hearing of sway bars snapping, lugs stripping, mounts & arm bushings fail, hollow exhaust hangers snap & so on, i learned that i would rather spend my money on other products.

Im sure you guys have had many products go to market without issue, but ive seen enough of the bad to determine that your products arent right for me. Nor can i recommend them to anyone.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm with the other guys, to me a company can have all the products no one else has but if the customer base is unsatisfied then clearly the company is doing something wrong or not taking care of them. No offense to corksport or to anyone who owns there products and enjoys them but I won't be spending my money with them. I've read/seen too much to make me feel confident that I'd be getting a good quality product.

On the rear motor mount, JBR offers one for $10 more at $139 w/ free shipping and the most important part to me at least the JBR comes with a lifetime warranty and 2 different stiffness options. Whereas the corksport only has a 2 year warranty. To me a company not willing to stand by their product for the life of it isn't seriously after my business. Maybe Corksport should take a cue from these other companies out there just my 2cents.

Again I mean no offense to corksport as a company or any of their happy customers just stating my humble opinion.

Reactions: Mr.Smoke

·
Registered
618 Posts
Guys, I don't think it's fair to flame a company like this without statistical data to back it up. This forum is a small and tight community, if 10 people posted about a specific defective part from one company, it will sound like a lot, since the ongoing active user base is less than 100. The company might have sold 10K units of the same part without an issue. Keep in mind, some people register on forums specifically to post about their issues or defective aftermarket parts, so percentage of negative reviews of specific parts inflate even higher. Just being a devil's advocate that's all. Look at how many TSBs Mazda themselves had 3G 6 :)

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I'm with cibersay. Somebody on here just complained their racing best exhaust doesn't fit right. Rb is a good company but it happens. Go search for Review reputations of appliances. They are all sh#%, even maytag and bosch because people always get online to comment about the really bad things that happened to them, but not as much the good stuff.

My corksport intake is top shelf quality construction Using th best air filer element available and never gave a CEL, I'm glad that corksport bothered to develop it and work out the kinks though two different air box maf designs that was confusing injen and resulted in a lot of returns as well.

For those that feel differently there is a different corksport hater thread already there for you. This thread is about the new motor mount.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ive never personally had issues with your products as ive never bought any of them. After seeing & hearing of sway bars snapping, lugs stripping, mounts & arm bushings fail, hollow exhaust hangers snap & so on, i learned that i would rather spend my money on other products.

Im sure you guys have had many products go to market without issue, but ive seen enough of the bad to determine that your products arent right for me. Nor can i recommend them to anyone.
I'm very suprised you are driving a Mazda since almost everyone who doesn't have one say it rust like no other.

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
Yeah I was just curious about the pros and con's of a RMM. Hah
Well that all depends on what you consider pros & cons.

It will certainly increse NVH since aftermarket mounts tend to have more rigid bushings. That can be a pro or con, pending on your opinion.

It has also been documented that increasing the stiffness on one of the mounts, but not the remaining ones can put additional stress/strain on the OEM mountscausing them to prematurely fail. Its suggested to (at least plan to) replace the other mounts with aftermarket as well.

Ive changed just my RMM with an AWR one and havent noticed any negative impact on my remaining factory mounts as of yet, but im planning to get the remaining AWR mounts to complete the set.

RMM have also been known to improve shifting smoothness on MTX vehicles. Not many people regret upgrading mounts, i just suggest researching all available options before making a purchase.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah I was just curious about the pros and con's of a RMM. Hah

@Mr.Smoke pretty much nailed it. The only thing I would add is that a though I've heard people say it causes extra stress on the other mounts, I have never seen another mount fail or even get weaker due to a rear motor mount.

Improved shifting and slightly less engine movement (thus less weight shifting when turning or accelerating) will be the benefits.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
@Mr.Smoke pretty much nailed it. The only thing I would add is that a though I've heard people say it causes extra stress on the other mounts, I have never seen another mount fail or even get weaker due to a rear motor mount.

Improved shifting and slightly less engine movement (thus less weight shifting when turning or accelerating) will be the benefits.
Even if the rear mount only reacts the engine/transaxle torque, the other mounts have to react that reaction. In engineering speak they form a "couple" to react the torque.

From a static (non-dynamic) standpoint the distribution of forces between the rear and front motor mounts does not change as a function of the stiffness of the mounts. They both had to react 185 lb-ft of torque regardless of how stiff the rear mount is.

The only things that would change that is if the change in geometry of the engine relative to the mounts, but we are talking about fractions of an inch of deflection over a foot or more of distance so the impact is small.

I think what really happens is people that go to a stiffer torque/rear mount have often modified the engine to produce more power and torque, which is what really is overloading the stock mounts. The new stiffer rear mount does not fail, because by design it is capable of withstanding the higher torque, but the front mounts do fail and so the torque/rear mount gets blamed instead of the power output increase.

Personally I do notice that it seems harder for me to engage 2nd gear on a full throttle shift (MTX). It seems like the gate moves to the left on me so I bang the shifter betwen 2nd and 4th and grind a bit, but it's a fixed shifter mount on a cable actuated assy so it shouldn't matter should it? The only thing I can think of is the rocking of the engine exceeds the excess length of the right-left cable, essentially tugging on the shifter fork and "moving the gate" relative to my shift lever position. If that is the case then this stiffer motor mount would help solve that problem.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
What is the durometer (stiffness-higher is stiffer) of the corksport polyurethane?
The JBR units are 70 and 80 durometer per their website.

As far as NVH goes, I think I'd prefer more sharp sensations from the engine vibrations rather than subtle jiggles, even at idle.

Jiggles, whether from the engine or suspension drive me absolutely nuts.

·
Registered
747 Posts
HOw would you have to install these mounts? Drop the engine or jack the engine up to release the RMM? Might be something to add when I get my tunes coming in...which I just sent Orange my dump file >:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
What is the durometer (stiffness-higher is stiffer) of the corksport polyurethane?
The JBR units are 70 and 80 durometer per their website.

As far as NVH goes, I think I'd prefer more sharp sensations from the engine vibrations rather than subtle jiggles, even at idle.

Jiggles, whether from the engine or suspension drive me absolutely nuts.
The corksport is 70

HOw would you have to install these mounts? Drop the engine or jack the engine up to release the RMM? Might be something to add when I get my tunes coming in...which I just sent Orange my dump file >:)
No need to drop the engine, you jack it up and swap them. Really is one of the simpler bolt on mods.

Does anyone know of a company that makes the front mounts?

Reactions: solar365
1 - 20 of 31 Posts