Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have Corksport TIP on their car and how is the fit and sound. Thank you. Tony

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm not running one, but I have read on this site that the COBB TIP is better because it isn't metal. Metal will hold the heat more than the silicone. I'm going to be buying the Corksport Power Series Short Ram Intake though, because it is cheaper priced than buying the COBB pieces. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A lot of people bought the Speedie6 TIP and are very happy with them. I think I will get the Corksport system.....TIP and SRI.

·
Registered
86 Posts
corksport makes really nice stuff from what i hear and i was almost about to get their tip, i might still go cobb. im not sure yet though.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Go with CP-e

·
Registered
548 Posts
go with COBB. way better design than the CP-e. ask Dougie about the specifics.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'd like to hear the specifics. I find it hard to believe either the Cobb or CP-E TIP + SRI have a way better design over each other. Would Dougie be dougefresh?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have finally gotten around to update my install and impression on the Corksport TIP. It's pretty easy to install and well designed. The sound that it makes when u get on the gas.....you can hear the turbo spool up. Wow, what a great sound. You only hear the turbo when you get on the gas, but while cruising you hear nothing. Thank goodness I never bought a BOV and wasted all that money. All you need is a TIP and SRI for a great sound and more horsepower!

·
Registered
548 Posts
i'm sorry i didn't see that someone asked about the specifics before this.

the cp-e TIP is flawed by design. not to comment on their other pieces but the TIP has a tapered connector and a tapered TIP itself. by design it wants to come apart with vbrations, Dougiefresh and I have video somewhere of how the design itself as well as a very ugly weld on the connector make for huge leaks after the MAF. it wasn't pretty. COBB uses straight connectors and a consistant diameter TIP which by simple engineering is a better design. #1 for airflow speed and straightening and #2 for piece of mind. imagine boosting and the vibrations from the engine cause the connection to fail and ingest un-metered air . . .bye-bye motor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does anyone have Corksport TIP on their car and how is the fit and sound. Thank you. Tony
I am running the Corksport TIP. The fit is fine and the sound is... well, noisy. You will now hear the turbo spool through the metal pipe. It sorta annoyed me in the beginning, but I got used to it after about 2 - 3 weeks. It STILL annoys the wife. For the price, remove it if you still are not happy after a month or two. And yes, I did notice an improvement in accelleration after install.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the TIP and SRI from Corksport installed and I love it. The sound it makes is awesome!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
EMS what in the world are you talking about?

the cp-e TIP is flawed by design. not to comment on their other pieces but the TIP has a tapered connector and a tapered TIP itself
ALL of the TIP pipes on the market for use with stock turbo have a tapered design. The diameter at the air inlet side of the TIP is larger than the diameter of the turbo inlet, it's impossible not to have a tapered design. If you are using a CAI or SRI you will have an even larger diameter pipe before the TIP and need for even more tapering.

by design it wants to come apart with vbrations,
How?

the design itself as well as a very ugly weld on the connector make for huge leaks after the MAF
I don't know what you guys had, but the one I have is a single piece of aluminumn tubing with beaded edges. No welds anywhere. I will be happy to provide pictures. Think about it, there's much more time and effort to weld a piece together then cut a tube and bead roll it, why would it be produced with a weld? Was the one you guys had used or repaired or something?

COBB uses straight connectors and a consistant diameter TIP which by simple engineering is a better design.
From Cobb's website and description of their own product.
"The interior features a uniform lining and incorporates a true taper design" No consistent diameter. Where you trying to reference this in some manner, also from Cobb's description? "eliminating any sudden neck-down in diameter found on lesser designs"

For the record I have no issues with COBB what so ever, I just don't see how anyone can make an argument about how one of these products is better or worse than the other. They are virtually identical, except for perhaps where they taper? Oh, one is available in blue and the other is not.

If you had a TIP with a welded connector, I can certainly see your concern there, a consistent pipe is preferable but the CP-E TIP also comes with one.

Reactions: MPSdriver
1 - 14 of 14 Posts