Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's like you own a whole different car when the sun comes out!

I finally got a nice day for pics while the car was fairly clean. Got a backlog of stuff to show for a couple of PM requests for pics that I apologize for taking so long with.

De-badged and guards removed:

I liked Toyoguy's rims, so I followed his lead on these PIAA FR-S's but chose the 17" - credit is cited here and on the T1-Rs. Gold Caliper Paint from Folia-Tec, no G2 in gold :(

Also did the headlight baking and got some black in there. Tails are 2006 NA blacks:

Inside I got on the Autovation pedal GB, and a Momo shift knob and boot also made it in:

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
The best color that Mazda made, my wife's first and only choice when it came to color for her 6! Nice choice with the gold calipers.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all! Silver, it was actually a silver 6 with black headlights that inspired me to go with the black lights in the first place, and embarassingly enough sometimes when I see the 6 in silver from a distance I think to myself "Damn, nice beamer"... until I get closer and realize it's a 6, and give a litte cheer!

Msumlin, I saw that pic of your wife's gold calipers on her copper 6 in one of the many searches I did before painting, and that exact pic made the decision to go with gold very very easy! Nice stuff.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
You are absolutely right, copper is a whole new sexy color when the sun hits it. When the sun is out and your car is clean, blazing copper stands out like nothing else. :love:

·
Registered
152 Posts
My copper 6 loves the sun as well! Nice work on the headlights....

My car looks exactly the same from the side with no guards or badges...! sweet! :D

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Lookin' Good!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine was actually looking crappy orange after a winter of salt and ice. Was starting to appear from a distance to be similar to orange used on Pontiac Vibe, etc. Finally got fresh wax and polish done on Sunday, and it truly looks like a different colour, back to blazing copper again. As you implied in your title, copper is best in the sun.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
NOOOOOO

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

HERONEW I HATE YOUR SLOW UPLOADING ASS

my car looks exactly like that, i was first. i was done 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my car looks exactly like that, i was first. i was done 2 weeks ago.
[/b]
Heh, me too. The sun had been behind a 2-week cloud lately though :yesnod:

...But still, bring on the pics!

I bought it in november and I thought the overcast colour was what I was buying. Imagine my joy when spring came, the sun came out, and I found that colour in my driveway!

Also, has anyone noticed that in the US, Mazda's marketing calls it "Blazing Copper", while Mazda Canada's site and brochures call it "Burnt Orange Metallic"? I'd always thought it was a difference in demographics that gave the canadians the more sober and less exciting name for it. Now I believe they called it as they saw it, only the canadian marketing department must be in Manitoba, while it sounds like the US marketing dep't is in Arizona!

November vs. June:

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
My copper 6 loves the sun as well! Nice work on the headlights....

My car looks exactly the same from the side with no guards or badges...! sweet! :D
[/b]

Here she is....

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
15 Participants
Tillys 6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing