Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guyz....i'm recently having problem w/ my cooling fan again....it keep turning on when it's not even hot, on the freewayz going 65mph, and it turn on, i don't believe that it's at over 202degree F at a speed like that on a cold day....i think it's the module is gone bad again....i had it replaced when i still have my warrnaty, now, i don't have it.....so...u guy have any idea what's going on? or how to test out the module?? please help, thank you....

·
Registered
196 Posts
hi guyz....i'm recently having problem w/ my cooling fan again....it keep turning on when it's not even hot, on the freewayz going 65mph, and it turn on, i don't believe that it's at over 202degree F at a speed like that on a cold day....i think it's the module is gone bad again....i had it replaced when i still have my warrnaty, now, i don't have it.....so...u guy have any idea what's going on? or how to test out the module?? please help, thank you....
[/b]

I've had to replace my module 3 times already. Is your coolant fluid full?

·
Registered
884 Posts
[/b]
I already had to replace mine once also...it would go on and not go off for a long time and drained my battery. My dealer replaced it for free...warranty I guess.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah...my coolant is always full....oh well....i guess i just have to replace it.... :tear:
thank you guyz...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah...my coolant is always full....oh well....i guess i just have to replace it.... :tear:
thank you guyz...
[/b]
There is a recall associated with the fan control module. I would fight paying for a replacement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is a recall associated with the fan control module. I would fight paying for a replacement.
[/b]
I am having the same problem. My vehicle is at the dealership right now and Mazda refuses to cover the expence stating that the unit has been replaced once already. I told Mazda corporate that there is a number of owners with this reoccuring problem. The service representative said that it is the first time she hears about it. I ask all the owners of the vehicle to call Mazda and referring to my case number 107082520 state that you have identical issue and have a proper documentation for it. I think we can build a case strong enough to force Mazda to recognize a problem and possibly issue a second recall on this unit. The number to call is 1-800-222-5500. Please take 10-15 minutes of your time as this can benefit everybody.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I've had mine replaced once already too, and now it's doing it again, even for two minutes at times. I'm off warranty now but since there was a recall, hopefully I can get it replaced for free again.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Take it to another dealership if the 1 doesn't want to fix it. I don't think its a bad problem, more annoying then anything. I even asked the service rep at the dealership and he never said the fan had caused a problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I dont really have an option to take my car to a different dealership as another closest one is about 80 miles away. The problem is that Mazda Corporate refused to pay for this repair. I had to pay $177.76 for the replacement of this module. I brought to Mazda Corporate and dealership that I already had this issue before and it was already once replaced by the dealership about a 1.5 ago. I was told that since my vehicle is out of the warranty I have to pay for all repairs including this recall. Mazda Corporate states that once recall is performed it is considered competed and if the unit fails again they do not cover it. They refused to let me speak to the supervisor and apperently district manager does not work with clients directly. I am frustrated but don't want just to let it go. Interesting fact that when asked what kind of warranty I have on the new unit installed I was told that it is lifetime since I paid for repairs... I know when the recall notice was sent out, a reimbursement form was attached to it. There was instructions that if one had to pay for the repairs out of own pocket one is entitled for a refund. Does anybody have a link or may be a scanned copy of this form? I just would like to try it as my option for my reimbursement. Does anybody have any other ideas how I can escalate this issue? I just had to pay for the repairs as I need my vehicle plus they were going to charge $93 inspection fee anyway...
I am actually considering trying lemon law against Mazda. I have quite impressive pile of paperwork showing that Mazda failed to fix brake issue, not able to identify suspension clicking, fan module issue, interior of the car getting soaking wet because of poor body sealing, etc. I am just fed up with all these issues. I am getting to the point when "enough is enough" If anybody as any experience filing a lemon law claim or has any other advices I will greatly appreciate it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
yuax
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing