Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out with the family (wife and two young sons - ages 5 and 1) in my week old Redfire Mazda6S on the expressway today in the middle lane of a three lane highway. A silver Honda S2000 Roadster pulls up fast on the right and slows down hard; he checks out my car and I get a good look at his.

I held 75mph in the middle and he slows down a bit and then comes ripping up on my left. I look over and he is "thumbs up" with a big smile. I returned the favor and away he went.

Made my day.

Just had to share.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Cool moment on the road today'

Originally posted by halfadozen

Was out with the family (wife and two young sons - ages 5 and 1) in my week old Redfire Mazda6S on the expressway today in the middle lane of a three lane highway. A silver Honda S2000 Roadster pulls up fast on the right and slows down hard; he checks out my car and I get a good look at his.  

I held 75mph in the middle and he slows down a bit and then comes ripping up on my left. I look over and he is "thumbs up" with a big smile. I returned the favor and away he went.  

Made my day.

Just had to share.[/b]
I had my share of the moment when someone actually indicate the mazda6 as very "beautiful" when both of us stop side by side before traffic lights.

:p

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Cool moment on the road today

Ohh storys like that make you all warm inside :D S2000 = the guy must have been a real Honda lover (otherwise he had been zooming around in a Z3 or somehting). And I think he was a little bit jealous :)

I have only experienced this once. When we where in Linköping once, as we drove by the SAAB Aerotech plant there where lots and lots of peeps at a bus stop. Almost ALL of them turned their head and followed our car with their looks as we drove by. That was when we still had the 17" on.

Kind of cool. Going from our Laguna that people turned their head NOT to see to this :)

Only happened once though :)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

havent had the luxury of seeing one on the roads here yet, but when I do I'll probably do the same thing :D

·
Registered
56 Posts

I accidentally broke 'em loose taking off at a stop sign today (with TCS on) and a guy driving by gave me the thumbs up :p :thumbup

~Kyle

·
Registered
432 Posts

Ive had a few moments like that too, from Accord owners, Altima owners, a few 626 owners, and even an MP3. What made me smile the most was getting a thumbs-up from a 3-series owner. Coming from one of them, thats saying something :)

·
Registered
791 Posts

Damn you all. I haven't gotten one comment except from friends, who have all obviously loved it. I'm jealous.

I keep waiting for my first thumbs up- been driving by a lot of other Mazdas, even an RX-7... or maybe I've been too busy having fun to notice.

·
Registered
286 Posts

I have seen exactly zero Mazda6's on the road here in Atlanta. Supposedly they're selling, but I haven't seen any. Sunday I drove up to the North Georgia Outlets and as I was walking back to my car (which was parked WAAAAAY out in the end of the parking lot, by itself) there was this kid in a honda civic (pizza delivery guy) who drove by my car, threw his in reverse and backed up to take a good look at mine. I think he was creaming his pants. These last couple days i've gotten quite a few stares from people checking out my car. I just need to wash it now to make it look pretty.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

I have already had a few cool moments down here in Florida. It's amazing, I've never had a car that is the only one for miles. The first day I had it, as I was driving away from the dealership, some guys stopped me at the stoplight with a bunch of questions. Since then I've had plenty of people unable to resist turning their head as I drive by. It's been almost a week since I got it, and I have yet to see a single other 6 on the road. Mine is Silver with the v6 S trim.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I FINALLY HAD MY MOMENT!!!

It finally happened.

Sheesh... I've waited long enough. All I had to do was draw attention to myself.

I was driving home from work, which lets off late at night. I was creeping into an intersection for my turn to go left, and was frustrated by the creeping. A 3dr Focus hatch comes zooming along from the opposite side of the intersection and throws his right turn signal on, giving me a chance to go. He zooms around, and I let it rip at the same time. I had a good launch from about 3000rpm, and shifted slightly past the redline. Ditto for second gear, which redlined just before I backed off at 60. The engine sounds sweet- I love this car. Once I hit 60, I shifted to fourth, and let the engine slow me down to 45... I've been seeing too many cops on the road.

Anyway, the entire time, this focus was chasing me. We started out next to each other, and I watched him in my rear view. When I engine-braked, he sped past me and give me a wave or a thumbs up. Who knows, maybe is was the middle finger, but one way or another, this was my first acknowledgement from another driver, and it made my night.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

It's definitely a great feeling. Today was another adventure...seems like every day is in this car. I think we all know acura integra drivers....they used to be a thorn in my side...seeing them weave in and out of traffic effortlessly until they disappear far ahead of you, no matter how thick the traffic is. Those little rockets were impossible to keep up with, until now. Today I was in the middle of heavy traffic with a long bridge coming up, really hate rush hour here..basically in Florida rush hour is sitting behind 20 idiots in the fast lane going 10mph below the speedlimit and refusing to move over. Well the light changed and the integra was in front of me...I was pretty much stuck with all the trucks around me until the one ahead of me hit the brakes, I had just enough room to squeeze to the right before the Integra had a chance to take it...imagine that..outmaneuvering an Integra...from there out I had good openings all the way across the bridge, I didn't even see the Integra until the other side, all I could see was his headlights swerving from lane to lane trying to catch up. When I finally did let him catch up, he actually slowed down beside me to look at the 6 :). I still think I probably can't beat one on a straight away, they are just too light for their own good.

·
Registered
514 Posts

Ever been acknowledged after a race with a Ferrari? Now that's a good feeling :)

It was a Testarossa. I'd not have had a chance with a Modena. :)

-Alt

·
Registered
391 Posts

Originally posted by crimson773

I have seen exactly zero Mazda6's on the road here in Atlanta.  Supposedly they're selling, but I haven't seen any.  Sunday I drove up to the North Georgia Outlets and as I was walking back to my car (which was parked WAAAAAY out in the end of the parking lot, by itself) there was this kid in a honda civic (pizza delivery guy) who drove by my car, threw his in reverse and backed up to take a good look at mine.  I think he was creaming his pants.  These last couple days i've gotten quite a few stares from people checking out my car.  I just need to wash it now to make it look pretty.[/b]

Yo in which city do you live in? I'm in GA too. I haven't seen as many 6's here neither, only my friend has one, and I have seen another blue one. Thats pretty much it.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

I think Atlanta is the city...but that's just a guess.

Hey Altersys.....you left out the most important part....who won? Should I take Ferrari's off my 'do not race' list?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Diesel : If you drive the 6 I'm afraid yes :D They only have about 400hp more then the 6 :D

·
Registered
514 Posts

He started behind me and stayed behind me the whole way. We took it up to 140 pretty quickly and then backed off because neither of us were interested in a ticket. He was a pretty cool middle-aged guy with a 30-something blonde bombshell in the passeneger seat... did a honk and a wave as he caught up after I shut it off.

In case I wasn't obvious about it, I didn't race him in a '6 lol (like I'd have had a chance!). The car I was driving (and still am) is, well... look at my avatar ;)

-Alt

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Cool moment on the road today

I was only kidding about the 'who won' question, it's quite obvious....the Ferrari running on only 3 cylinders and 2 tires would still win that race. No Avatar appears beside your name Altersys, as soon as you said 140 I was aware you couldn't have been driving a 6, unless you have a secret chip I don't know about.

·
Registered
157 Posts

Today I had another driver of a Mazda6 gimme a toot and a wave. Im not sure if it was a friendly one or I was driving too slow :S

·
Registered
514 Posts

Diesel, you must have the "show avatar" option disabled on your personal preferences...

-Alt

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

Altersys...problem fixed, I enabled avatars. 300Z's are sweet, I seriously considered getting one, but they stopped making them, and the problem with the used ones is you never know how bad they have been dogged out.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts