Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about a month ago I noticed I get a slight knock/rattle from the wheels whenever I go over a bump or something like that. Mentioned it to a mechanic buddy and while I went in to have him do a fuel system clearning, I had him toss the car on the jacks and take a look.

From what he can tell the bushing on one of the control arms has come loose. Here's my question:
He says it's nothing to worry about, it's just going to make noise for now and that I can have it fixed whenever I get the cash for it. Is this true? What do the control arms do?

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Your control arms are what steers the car, well, kinda, in a very layman way. And they have to be able to move up and down as the wheels do. Mine have been doing squeeking from bad bushings for the better part of a year. Some days are worse than others, but it's not unsafe at all. I just can't find a convenient time to go drop the car off.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your control arms are what steers the car, well, kinda, in a very layman way. And they have to be able to move up and down as the wheels do. Mine have been doing squeeking from bad bushings for the better part of a year. Some days are worse than others, but it's not unsafe at all. I just can't find a convenient time to go drop the car off.
[/b]
Yeah that's basically what he said, and the main reason I haven't jumped to the shop. Holidays and all money is tight. I just thought I'd double check that it's nothing major to jump at fixing asap. Like my wheel isn't gonna fall off etc, lol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just a question, I went to the dealer about this same issue, I have an 03 6s and the dealer said that the controller arms on both sides of the front were bad. He gave me a quote of $373 for the parts and said the labor is going to be $240 ($80hr x 3 hrs). so now I'm looking at $613 to get the noise to stop. My question is, can this be done by anyone else or is this something the dealer has to do??? I'd rather buy the parts and have someone else do the work cheaper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts