Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll just say it- I'm beyond impressed with these tires.

Dry weather is excellent. Acceleration, handling and braking are all improved over the Yokohama AvidEnvigor and BFGoodrich SuperSport TA I previously ran. Steering response is the highlight of improvements. And there is zero road noise.

Rain behavior is excellent. Great traction from a dead stop as well as once under way.

But what has blown me away is the snow and ice capability. I've had a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks on 2nd rims since I bought my 6 and I've always swapped them on and off when it snows. But not now.... I've ran the Continental is 2"& 3" inch somewhat icy snowfalls with zero problems. And I've now run them in a 6.5" snowfall, again with zero problems. All 3 times I swear it's been like I was on my Blizzaks.

I'm at the point where I will probably sell the Blizzaks, and I can't picture anything that will cause me to buy different tire when this first set of Continentals are dead.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I run the DW series and like you say they are top notch . I tried several different brands over the years and researched these and the reviews were spot on . The best tires I've ever owned . Like you say , in the rain on the highway OMG ! Awesome ! The quietness goes away some after while but they are still way better than the others I've tried.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I'm on my 2nd set since I loved the 1st set so much. In addition, they have great tread wear.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
I have the DWS on my wagon also. Totally agree, I love these tires. Great all-around traction.

·
Registered
8 Posts
contis

I have had a set on for 30,000+ miles. Wear is reasonable, not great. While they were quiet when new, now they rumble down the road. Great on wet roads. No experience in snow.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Man i must b a f'up. I had those, and hated them. Very glad they worked for y'all.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Just curious, can you elaborate on what didn't you like about them? I was going to get a set of DWS's, but due to them not being available when I needed tires, wound up with Yokohama YK580's instead. I hate the YK580's. Dry traction is shit - they squeal with little provocation, wet grip is poor also. The only good think about the YK580's is they seem very excellent at hydroplaning resistance, but I'm guessing that whatever makes them great at hydroplaning resistance is what makes them horrible for the other 99% of conditions. I'm from the Atlanta area too so it'd be nice to hear what you didn't like about the DWS's.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Just curious, can you elaborate on what didn't you like about them? I was going to get a set of DWS's, but due to them not being available when I needed tires, wound up with Yokohama YK580's instead. I hate the YK580's. Dry traction is shit - they squeal with little provocation, wet grip is poor also. The only good think about the YK580's is they seem very excellent at hydroplaning resistance, but I'm guessing that whatever makes them great at hydroplaning resistance is what makes them horrible for the other 99% of conditions. I'm from the Atlanta area too so it'd be nice to hear what you didn't like about the DWS's.
Why don't you get them online? I got mine on Tirerack, like he said they are top notch I have them on my car too and the only weakness they have is the side wall that its prone to bulge with bad potholes but other than that its the best quality and money wise

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
f15ms6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing