Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering leasing a speed6 GT with a moonroof, the numbers I got are $1,750 out of pocket (down) and $351 a month. The lease is for 12k miles a year and 24 months. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
651 Posts
With all the deals they have going on right now, have you considered purchasing? I'm wondering what they would be willing to offer on that to gauge a comparison...

I'm no expert on leasing, but with that little down on a GT...351/month for 2 years does not sound too bad.

·
Registered
17 Posts
With all the deals they have going on right now, have you considered purchasing? I'm wondering what they would be willing to offer on that to gauge a comparison...

I'm no expert on leasing, but with that little down on a GT...351/month for 2 years does not sound too bad.
[/b]

You should get lower. Seems like the consensus lately is a finaly purchase price around 24-25k, which should put your payments around $300...

Even at $26k, payments should be at $310 to lease, and $419 to purchase for 72 months.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should get lower. Seems like the consensus lately is a finaly purchase price around 24-25k, which should put your payments around $300...

Even at $26k, payments should be at $310 to lease, and $419 to purchase for 72 months.
[/b]
That is what I was thinking too, the alleged sale price is $25.188. So I failed to see how it was that high. They actually were claiming the numbers were at $455 a month with 1k down. Everyone here is retarded. On a buy the payments are like $579 over 60 months. I have no idea what to do, no one seems ot be realistic on a lease.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That is what I was thinking too, the alleged sale price is $25.188. So I failed to see how it was that high. They actually were claiming the numbers were at $455 a month with 1k down. Everyone here is retarded. On a buy the payments are like $579 over 60 months. I have no idea what to do, no one seems ot be realistic on a lease.
[/b]
You should ask them what all gets input into the lease payments. Sounds like they are trying to throw something in there and hope you dont notice. I pulled the above lease payments right off mazdausa.com. If I understand leasing right, they use a money rate or something like that (similiar to an interest rate on a loan) to figure payments, so that could be part of it.

Good luck, keep us updated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts