Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my 6 May 1. We sat in front of the computer as he changed the color of a car in the system ready for production and changed the accessories. Very anxious as I am nearing my original ETA of June, week 1, I emailed him last night. The following is what he sent me (it is exactly what you see on the Dealer/Mazda internet linked pages when searching cars):

The absent-minded kid! He didn't even realize that the changes we requested to the car never went through. The color I wanted (gray) and accessories (auto-dim, sport grille, alarm... - and no tape needed) aren't even listed!

I will have to beat him with a stick tomorrow. Aside from that, what do you all think about the details on this thing? Isn't it strange that the Estimated/Actual Production date is May 26 (date format is different for you overseas) yet the ETA is June, 2nd week? That's a little fast compared to what I've been reading about here...

Oh well. I may not even get this car. This looks like it's going to suck to an extreme level. Waited this whole month to find out my car isn't even coming! :sarc

oops! I cant' upload the image from my computer. I know how to attach an image from a web page, but can I do it if it's just sitting on my local computer? Please let me know how...

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Reading Topic: Contacted the dealer today to check on my M6 status...

You can't rely on their dates anyways. I was told aprox. 8 weeks when I ordered 1/31 and as its now 18 weeks and I'm still waiting.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Contacted the dealer today to check on my M6 status...'

Originally posted by DRAGONS6

You can't rely on their dates anyways.  I was told aprox. 8 weeks when I ordered 1/31 and as its now 18 weeks and I'm still waiting.[/b]
that doesnt make sense

·
Registered
1,871 Posts

Originally posted by ChoppaBoy

Originally posted by DRAGONS6

You can't rely on their dates anyways.  I was told aprox. 8 weeks when I ordered 1/31 and as its now 18 weeks later and I'm still waiting.[/b]
that doesnt make sense[/b][/quote]I know it doesn't make sense. It was built on 4/22 shipped on 4/28 and guess what finally showed up today.:) Picking it up after work today.

·
Registered
31 Posts

DRAGONS6,

Have they given you any reason why it took so long? Have fun picking it up!

My car is in the "shipping black hole". Build date 5/15, ship date 5/22, ETA 6/3... the dealer keeps telling it could be here "any day now, it's been shipped and we're waiting for cars".

W-

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

So it seems as if, on average, you have to wait about 1 week after the build date for delivery - and then about 2 more weeks after that until it "arrives".

Take this, and add X (squared); then subtract 3.14 (pi); multiply by dealer/salesman B.S., and finally double the final result. That's the amount of time you have to wait for your Mazda 6 to come in. :wtf

·
Registered
611 Posts

I've come to the conclusion that there are approx. 3 to 4 Mazda6's in the world and that Mazda just lets people rotate around with them so it seems there are many worldwide owners.

Everyone here who "claims" to own one is no doubt on Mazda's payroll.

.... I'm on to you all .....

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

Damn, ya got us.

I wanted to order my MZ6 rather than drive it off dealer lots cause I couldn't find exactly what I wanted, and the dealer was telling me "even if I order it, there's only a 10% chance of me actually GETTING it." I think that's BS, I dunno, but I ended up finding the one I wanted on a dealer lot down in White Plains anyway.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

This is ABSOLUTE :bsflag ! Dumbass dealer... I shot him an email back as I thought coming into to speak to him personally would only result in his death by my hands. Took him a couple days to respond to my telling him that the information he sent me wasn't actually what I ordered (as opposed to the couple of hours it took for him to respond to the first email).

His response began with "I thought you might catch that ha ha. Here you go:" and included information for the car I want... only this looked like it was freshly ordered (yesterday, perhaps??) and the new ETA is: AUGUST!

F this crap. I'm going to another dealer. This guy can kiss my ass.

I want my 6. If I find it elsewhere, I'm signing. I'm getting angry... I'm turning... big... and green... - with envy at all u bastards with your 6's! Piss on u all for flaunting your jewels in front of me! :( (before I get flamed, i'm joking... i.. umm... love you all!)

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Reading Topic: Conta

My experiences with Mazda dealers in general have been... less than exhilarating. They're the biggest problem I have with Mazda.

And I don't flaunt my jewels in front of guys.... oh crap, wrong jewels.

·
Registered
356 Posts

I don't really understand all the problems with ordering either. I ordered one on April 5th. Six weeks after hearing nothing from the dealer, I emailed and asked for a VIN. Well, the car was never ordered. They said Mazda refused to fill the order.

I got tired of all the smoke and mirrors, and drove to a different dealership 70 miles away who already had a similar one in stock. I don't know if ordering is even worth the hassle.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

Yeah... one dealer tried the bate and switch with me "no, ordering a car is not a problem" "oh, we don't want to order one now"

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Well! ... Today I went in to speak to the salesman and found out he was screwing with me. Nice sense of humor, huh? He handed me a new printout of my car with an ETA of June week 3. YAY! It's a couple weeks longer than I expected but hey...

BTW, the first joke wasn't too bad. What killed me was when another salesman came running frantically into the showroom asking everyone if they had heard about the accident with the truck... it was carrying all the new 6's and there was a steel gray one that ended up on fire...

Nice sense of humor these guys. When I picked my jaw up from off the ground, I proceeded to laugh my ass off at... well me, I guess.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

I would procede to beat their asses off.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

It would involve their open mouth, a curb, and your foot.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Now, now. I have to play nice... he is still the gatekeeper when it comes to me getting my car. I'll just stay on "good terms" with him until the time comes to pull out the old "Torture for Dummies" book.

Hell hath no fury like a car salesman scorned. Could you imagine if it was a woman and you pissed her off? Yikes!

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Contacted the dealer today to check on my M6 status...

There's nothin like taking hostages. People get very compliant.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Contacted the dealer today to check on my M6 status...

At this point, there is no need to take hostages or to use any sort of violence. I called Mazda today and it's confirmed: my car was built this past Monday, June 9 (like it was estimated); is complete, and headed to the port in Jersey. Will probably get there this Friday, and next week willl have all the goodies installed. I should have it the week following (just like the ETA).

My God, I feel like jumping and screaming at random points throughout the day. The closer I get, the worse it is... kinda like when you have to use the bathroom when driving home. The closer to home you get, the more you have to go... ugh!

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

Congrats :) Hold in there, it's almost here!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts