Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just left the dealership to check out the differences between a 2015 and 2015 AT Touring Mazda 6. Truthfully i prefer the GT however unfortunately GTs dont come in AT. I really like the headlights and front grill of the GT but not sure if thats enough to have be give up an AT. Well - that's all for my first post. Nice meeting everyone.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Nor sure if its a location thing, but in the States, GTs only came as autos.

Other than that, welcome.

·
Super Moderator
16,782 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

GT's are only ATs in the states, is that what you mean to say?

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
Pretty sure elmo mixed up his AT's and MT's on this one.

Definitely drive a Grand Touring automatic and Touring manual to see what fits you better. Most dealerships will let you take a car for a full day test drive. I was able to show up at my dealer when they opened and take a car to drive to work/errands/etc and bring it back before close. It's much better than a nervous trip around the block with the salesman in the passenger seat.

I was trying to talk myself into the AT so that I could have a sunroof, but after a day with both models, it was no contest: I needed the manual. The dual mass flywheel in this MTX is a little annoying, but now that I've adjusted the pedal placement for rev-matching downshifts, I find myself looking for excuses to go for a drive.

·
Super Moderator
16,782 Posts
Pretty sure elmo mixed up his AT's and MT's on this one.
I think so as well.

Having been in your situation over 2 years ago when I got my car, I'll say this:

I miss my MTX horribly. This is the only car I've ever owned that wasn't MTX and I miss it so much because driving has become boring.

The headlights on the GT stand out like crazy, and I absolutely love them., as well as most of the other advanced features of the Grand Touring (sans the navi).

Going back, would I make the same choice? No. I'd get a touring MTX and just add the things I wanted later on with the money I saved.

If you're a true driver, and you love MTX, stay with it because you'll be bored otherwise. I won't own another ATX so long as I have a choice.

I love my car, and I'll have it until it dies, but I'd can't wait to get my next MTX :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts