Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently looked at a mazda3 and it was too small for me. And my dad also said it was small. So he wanted something else that is bigger.

So he was saying Camry. But I like the mazda 6 better.

I dont know much about the 6's

are there any noticible differences between the 6, accord and camry?

How would you rate? I was reading over the forums and got pretty good impresion on the 6's.

If you were to recommend a car as far as reliability, performance, and overall quality, would you still choose the 6?

Any inputs would be appreciated guys~
Thanks~

Oh, I was looking at some used mazda 6's Here is a link and tell me what you think.
used car

Once again, thanks in advanced!!

·
Registered
867 Posts
that car looks nice passes my test lol. and hope you go with mazda6, pretty sure you wont regret it. there is a way to compare cars here for more info.
If you were to recommend a car as far as reliability, performance, and overall quality, would you still choose the 6?[/b]
Yes I would, had no problems with it as far as reliablity. It's got performance, and even though you were looking at the i model they ain't bad either 160 hp w/I4. Give it a test drive that will give you a good tell.
I dont know much about the 6's[/b]
plenty of information here just :search:
and i think this should have been in the newbie section as well

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
well if you enjoy modding and looking at a classy yet sporty car go for this. Lets just say its a tame beast ;) Go with the v6 stick!! If you're not looking at modding, i would still go with the mazda because its spacious, can travel to college, ect ect with it because it has lots of trunk space, and is very reliable.

Forgot to mention, its a very safe car too.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Hello, I recently looked at a mazda3 and it was too small for me. And my dad also said it was small. So he wanted something else that is bigger.

So he was saying Camry. But I like the mazda 6 better.

I dont know much about the 6's

are there any noticible differences between the 6, accord and camry?

How would you rate? I was reading over the forums and got pretty good impresion on the 6's.

If you were to recommend a car as far as reliability, performance, and overall quality, would you still choose the 6?

Any inputs would be appreciated guys~
Thanks~

Oh, I was looking at some used mazda 6's Here is a link and tell me what you think.
used car

Once again, thanks in advanced!!
[/b]
i have a really nice 6 for sale! i'll give you the link...if you are interested then just email me at [email protected]

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...=59604&st=0

its in tip top shape! VERY well maintained! i'm a clean freak when it comes to my car. Please let me know if you have any questions at all...

·
Registered
641 Posts
I'm in the process of buying a new '06 6i. I have test driven and looked very hard at the 3 and 6 in various combinations. Both are great cars, but I chose the 6 mainly for the deal you get. The 2006's are a great deal right now. I couldn't really afford the V6, so I worked a deal on a bare-bones 6i, which isn't all that bare bones, for $16,200 before tax that includes a $2500 rebate, $600 off the sticker, and a $200 trade-in. Thats less than a used '05 3s hatch the dealer had on the lot. A new '07 3s touring goes for around $18,500, and don't expect the dealer to haggle much, if at all, on the sticker.

If you can afford it, I also recommend the V6/stick combo, its intoxicating. If you can't, the I4/stick isn't bad, only a 1/2 sec slower 0-60 than a 3.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the comments.

Are you getting the hatchback for 16k?

Ive seen some certified 6's for around 17k, but looks like 06 has a better deal on it and it comes with the warranty.

The certified mazda has warranties so there are less worries for it going bad.

Well the problem now is to convince my dad that mazda's are a good choice.

Iam considering a auto 4cylinder because some of the family members are going to drive( family dosent know how to drive stick but I want to know how to drive a stick) And save some gas money in the process.

I might end up regretting the stick tranny after few years? How about you guys? Ever get tired of stick?(like in traffic and such situations)

·
Registered
14 Posts
In my opinion, you'd regret the auto with an inline 4 every time you drive. You might curse the stick only once in awhile in traffic.

Our only choice was the V6 with 5 speed.

Well the problem now is to convince my dad that mazda's are a good choice[/b]
Absolutely I think Mazda is a good choice. They may not have the reputation as Honda or Toyota. My testament is from a 1991 626 that we drove for 160k and the 2004 6 that we've put on 35k miles without a problem.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I'm getting a sedan.

I've driven many a rental 6i with the auto... its horribly slow off the line until you get around 3.5-4k RPM, then it moves nicely. However, if that doesn't sway you, you'll still LOVE the handling and drive of the 6. The manumatic function actually works pretty well in the 6.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Simply take your father & family to the www.mazdausa.com website and read some of the accolades Mazda has acquired over the last few years.

Sales are at an all-time high, as is resale value. Mazda FTW.
[/b]

Yes...i've been noticing alot more m6's around my area, I normally didn't, but looks like they are getting pretty popular now, if the resale value holds up, mazda may be the next toyota, im not sure about the reliability though....i guess since the 6 is still a new model, we'll see how well it holds up in the upcoming years. :drive: No problems with mine at all so far!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The 6 vs. Camry....

I like the 6i for its sporty nature but in the end you need to drive both cars and go from there.

Anyone reading this site will come away with thoughts of how great the 6's are but until you drive one, you'll never know how you feel about it.

God bless the test drive!!!!

·
Registered
482 Posts
LOL, I thought he want to get Audi A6....

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm getting a sedan.

I've driven many a rental 6i with the auto... its horribly slow off the line until you get around 3.5-4k RPM, then it moves nicely. However, if that doesn't sway you, you'll still LOVE the handling and drive of the 6. The manumatic function actually works pretty well in the 6.
[/b]
The 6 is known for slow starts. Even pro racers like Randy and Jeff in their Tri-Point 6 (they race in the SCCA Speed Touring Car Championship) said the 6 is slow in starts. Can't win them all, right?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Nope...sure can't
[/b]

i have a 2004 mazda 6 red fully loaded 4 sale. with leather nice set of rims, exhaust, cold air intake. its a beatiful car! with 20k miles! Im in freehold nj!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts