Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure we are all here Mazda6 fans but ... it couldn't be such a GREAT car. It should have some minuses.
I only test drive it as my ordered one will only come in February/March :( but I didn't like:
- the positioning of the bord computer display and command (I get used with it the way Seat/Renault have it - display ... in front of the wheel, between the speed and torque indicators and with the command somewhere near the wheel).
Waiting for other things observed by the owners.
ZZ U, Adrian

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Cons for the Mazda6??!!?'

A few, at least for the US:

No auto-off headlights
No one-touch window up
No DSC
No hatch

And, as stated in one of the reviews...I like to have the radio buttons low. I drive resting my hand on the shifter (as I usually drive stick). I should just be able to spread out my fingers, and they should blindly find the radio controls. The '6 should switch the radio and climate control positions.

·
Registered
11 Posts

No HID for the states :(
Get rid of the titanium trim it's lame.
Move radio down and climate controls up.

·
Registered
158 Posts

Ahh, but the radio controls are also on the steering wheel, which includes a very usefull mute button.

Though I agree, on my 626 I can change the radio station without taking my hand off of the shifter if I'm in one of the odd gears.

·
Registered
71 Posts

*) No sixth gear. I need it badly when driving long distances over 120kmh - engine
gets too loud.
*) Tallinn is full of them. Every third car is Mazda6. Fortunately the situation in
Riga is not so bad.
:p
*) The climat control is unable to clear the windows in really wet weather automatically.
But using some manual adjustments and little patience it's possible to control the
sweat on widnows

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Originally posted by Steve 6er

That goes for climate controls in most cars, I'd say...[/b]
Some of you complained that the AC should've been changed with radio/CD commands. I don't think so!
That was exactly what I hated on my Renault - the radio controls were easy reacheable keeping your hand on the gear lever but the AC controls not. On the other hand I had radio/CD controls on the wheel as well so I would've preffered to have more handy the AC.
The sixth gear should've been there, especially for the Diesel CD136 ... (both Laguna 2 dCi and VW Passat TDI have it).
Another think I would've like - also from Laguna2, admitedly my first love ;) - active head rests.
That's all for now.
ZZ U, Adi

·
Registered
355 Posts

Many of the complaints start to sound more or less like "up to taste".

My list of complaints about Mazda6 is:

.... I still have to wait mine for 3 days!!!! ....

·
Registered
355 Posts

Because I just compare it to other cars I have ever tried in my life, and the list is not that short. Mazda6 complain list was way shorter than any others...

Now I remember one complain:

- No air con for back seats...

But that's so silly, I won't even need it myself! Since I will drive the car all the time, it is so great fun! :p

·
Registered
70 Posts

Power is very low for the segment, v6 wise anyways, other than that its a great car

·
Registered
96 Posts

Originally posted by Me

Power is very low for the segment, v6 wise anyways, other than that its a great car[/b]
I don't get it.. i've driven and ordered a 2.0 liter 142hp Mazda6, ok you can never have enough hp but it's not underpowered, you don't really have to have 200+ hp.
Maybe it's because we don't have hills or what?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

javah said "Many of the complaints start to sound more or less like "up to taste"."

What could be "up to taste" with active headrests??? Show me someone who had'em and not want'em/get used with them (I'm talking about the ones like those in Volvo S60 or as I told you in Renault Laguna2). Especially for long drives they are a bless.

ZZ U, Adi

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

I guess the Mazda 6 doesn't have a rain sensor, does it? That would be useful. :sarc

·
Registered
355 Posts

Originally posted by adim_v

javah said "Many of the complaints start to sound more or less like "up to taste"."

What could be "up to taste" with active headrests??? Show me someone who had'em and not want'em/get used with them (I'm talking about the ones like those in Volvo S60 or as I told you in Renault Laguna2). Especially for long drives they are a bless.

ZZ U, Adi[/b]
Many, not all. That would be good feature also. But in Volvo S60 you can't get MiniDisc, and that is more important for me personally than active headrests.

I also liked the seats more than in Volvo S60, otherwise S60 is a great car.

·
Registered
355 Posts

Originally posted by Driver6

I guess the Mazda 6 doesn't have a rain sensor, does it? That would be useful. :sarc[/b]
Yes, it would.

But I have driven a car with rain censors (some Citroen). It was okay on some certain rain, but then sometimes it was more annoying, it didn't wipe soon enough on certain kind of rain.

I am very happy with the adjusting option that Mazda6 has. It had more effect than many other.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Talking about wishes (but I guess this should've been somewhere else) ... have anyone heard of an MP3 player option??? I would give a few hundreds bucks anytime for this.
I guess that we are all guys who used to play with MP3s and can appreciate what means to have +50 hours of your best selected tunes with you ;) :p :D
ZZ u, Adi

·
Registered
70 Posts

Americans just like more power i guess. Our roads are much more open and some of us like speed. Im not talking stupidity and driving, im saying that some people buy cars for power just as much as looks and handeling. Im just one of them that likes all of them

·
Registered
355 Posts

Originally posted by adim_v

Talking about wishes (but I guess this should've been somewhere else) ... have anyone heard of an MP3 player option??? I would give a few hundreds bucks anytime for this.
I guess that we are all guys who used to play with MP3s and can appreciate what means to have +50 hours of your best selected tunes with you ;) :p :D  
ZZ u, Adi[/b]
There is lots of talks about this in other topics...
I would go for MD myself (and I did ofcourse - it was important factor for me when choosing car). Since MD gives you the most handy way to keep your MP3's around.

Check more info on some other topics covering this, there was people who are gonna change to MP3 cd players etc.

·
Registered
355 Posts

Originally posted by Me

Americans just like more power i guess. Our roads are much more open and some of us like speed. Im not talking stupidity and driving, im saying that some people buy cars for power just as much as looks and handeling. Im just one of them that likes all of them[/b]
No speed limits? No police and fines?
We have lots of empty roads in Finland - nice highways with no cars (only 5 mil. people and lots of room and roads); it would be very nice to go 250 km/h here most of the time, unless you wouldn't have to pay big fines for that - if you are caught...

Ofcourse in winter anything over 120 would be a suicide. :sarc
So I am talking about summer now.

Mazda6 2.3 does have more than enough power for city traffic, and it gives enough power to make safe passes on normal roads. And it does make me feel good when it accelerates and pushes you in its seats... Enough for me that is. And already so much, that it will be very easy to get speeding fines with it.
:p

1 - 20 of 251 Posts