Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Just tested it out this weekend. The in-dash 6-disc CD changer that comes with the Bose stereo is able to read audio-discs burnt onto CD-RW media. I used Nero recording software and a CompUSA 4X CD-RW blank.

Thanks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Confirmed: Bose 6-disc changer can read CD-RW'

i wonder if it can read 48x cd-r, becuase that what i will use. my current car 97' chevy blazer can only handle 16x cd-r

·
Registered
8,628 Posts
Reading Topic: Confirmed: Bose 6-disc changer can read CD-RW

Now if only the damn thing could display text like any decent head unit.

·
Registered
204 Posts

All my cd's in my car are burns so I don't have to worry about scratchin the originals. If one get's too scratched then I just reburn another one.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I burned a cd-rw disc on nero last night and it works fine. Thanks for the information. Good Bye to mixed cd-r 's, hello to one eraseable cd-rw. I have the non bose in - dash changer.:D

·
Registered
128 Posts

So what am I doing wrong... I burned a CD-RW at the correct speed and now none of my CD players recognize it. I used iTunes...any Applers out there have any suggestions??

·
Registered
498 Posts

Originally posted by PNRICAN

Any word on if the stock HU can play CD-RWs?[/b]
I think the post previous to yours should answer your question:

Originally posted by williej

I burned a cd-rw disc on nero last night and it works fine.  Thanks for the information.  Good Bye to mixed cd-r 's, hello to one eraseable cd-rw.  I have the non bose in - dash changer.:D[/b]
Keep in mind that the head unit and the CD player unit are separate components. You can have the single-disc CD player, the 6-disc changer, or the MP3 player, any of them with either the Bose or standard head unit. The Bose system consists of the Bose head unit, Bose amp, and Bose speakers and subwoofer.

Hope that helps!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts