Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone:

I just conditioned my seats with the stuff from the dealer and I can't get traction in my seat. :spin: I am sliding all over. Does anyone have any thoughts. What do you use? Any thoughts how I can degrease the seats now?

Please help
Anthony

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Did you buff the seats with a clean towel after applying the conditioner? You might also try another brand that is less greasy. I hear Turtle Wax's leather condtioner works quite well. Also, I alway condition my leather late in the evening, at a time when I know I won't have to drive the car for several hours. This gives the conditioner time to be asborbed into the leather.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey Everyone:

I just conditioned my seats with the stuff from the dealer and I can't get traction in my seat. :spin: I am sliding all over. Does anyone have any thoughts. What do you use? Any thoughts how I can degrease the seats now?

Please help
Anthony
[/b]

Isn't that kind of the nature of leather seats... especially when they're clean and conditioned? Do you not wear your seatbelt? I use Blue Magic's spray-on conditioner and this leaves them on the slick side. I've also used Meguiar's Gold Class Leather cleaner/conditioner, but don't care for it since it's a lot more difficult to work with - particularly on perforated leather.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Spend the money and go to ZainoBros.com and get the leather conditioner and cleaner.... you won't slide and your leather will never crack.... well worth the $$ and the smell is to die for...

·
Registered
788 Posts
I go for less hype...I use plain old Armer All leather cleaner...it works great and is less like a paste that will stick in the leather breath holes...I slide only for a day or so...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the info. Yes.. I do wear my seat belt but I just can get planted in the seat. Especially when cornering. I conditioned them on Friday and figured they would be worked in by now. I guess I am just used to cloth seats. I had a few cars in the past that had leather but I don't think I ever conditioned them... or I would have remembered the sliding about.

Thanks Wiggam I am going to try ZainoBros.com and see if that helps.

In the mean time I will try some bar mat to hold me in place..... :laugh:

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to make them less slick until I get the new conditioner?

Thanks again for the input
Anthony

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I would think (I could be wrong here), that a wet cloth would bring all the conditioner to the surface, and then a dry cloth would get all of it up...??? So basically wet cloth to get the seats very slick, and then a dry cloth to suck up all the conditoner...

·
Registered
635 Posts
I just use Meguiar's gold class wipes and they work good ... but yea you do slide around if you sit on it right away ... give it sometime ...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again Wiggum. I was told the same thing from a detailer I know. It seemed to work too. I will let you all know tomorrow after I test it at the exit ramp.... :drive:

Now I am of to Zainobros to place an order. That stuff sounds like it should work well and at very least smell good.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have come close a couple of time to picking up some cleaner/conditioner but, I don't want anything thats going to make the leather shinny I like the mate look they have now.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I used the Zaino leather in a bottle and it worked great. No extra residue and feels and smells good. It has my recommendation.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I use the Zymol pair with no issues. Slippery seats are generally caused by three mistakes.

1) The leather is too cold to absorb the product
2) You didn't massage the product into the leather thoroughly with your bare hands
3) You didn't buff the excess off well enough after leaving it rest for a while.

Also, impatience to let the product finish soaking in. It needs overnight to work into the leather.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wiggum.. cleaning the seats worked. Took the exit ramp at mid 50's. It's a nice tight exit ramp... loads of fun.
I must have used to much conditioner like ZoomZoom Diva pointed out. The seats now are not as shiney either. I received a shipping confirmation from Zainobros, so my cleaner and conditioner should be here any day. I can't wait to have the new leather smell.

Thanks again everyone for all the help and input.
Anthony

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Wiggum.. cleaning the seats worked. Took the exit ramp at mid 50's. It's a nice tight exit ramp... loads of fun.
I must have used to much conditioner like ZoomZoom Diva pointed out. The seats now are not as shiney either. I received a shipping confirmation from Zainobros, so my cleaner and conditioner should be here any day. I can't wait to have the new leather smell.

Thanks again everyone for all the help and input.
Anthony
[/b]
Did you get the Zaino's leather cond yet and what's your opinion on it? Thanks. Tony :drive:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes... I used the Zaino's conditioner and the cleaner last weekend. I used the conditioner on the drivers seat a few weeks back. Great stuff. It smells awesome too. I am hooked on their products. I just bought the Show car car wash. Incredible. The shine it gives is amazing. My 1993 Talon never looked so good and that was washed with the dirty water after wasing the 6.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just reconditioned the seats. The seats are even softer than new and the new leather smell is great. Zaino products rule.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts