Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i am getting a new laptop today from dell (inspiron e1505, duocore processor, 80gb hd, 1gb RAM) and i am looking to get a new mouse (can't stand using the touchpad).

i need a regular sized mouse (no "notebook" size-too small) and i am considering a wireless mouse.

any recommendations, advice, reviews, etc. would be appreciated. i'm trying to stay in the $25-40 range. here's one i am considering: microsoft 5000, $35 after rebate from staples.

thanks!

·
Registered
233 Posts
i agree with dabears, you have to go to a store and see which ones feel right to you then look at the price of them and decide from there. they shouldn't cost you much

·
Registered
431 Posts
definitely go test run them at a store. I went through several before I finally found one that fits my hand well. I ended up with a logitec laser mouse which is wired but there is a wireless one with the same shape etc.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Performance wise, everything I read about the Logitech G7 is very favorable. The only negative is the battery. 2 rechargeable battery packs are included, I think it would be a pain in the butt having to swap them every 3 days or so.

·
Registered
90 Posts
yeah, like everyone else has said, go to a store, and feel them, move them around, especially if you plan on playing games a lot, because the mouse has gotta be comfortable.

I personally don't like the new breed of "ergonomic" mice that are out, I like my plain jane old two button and a clickable scroll wheel mouse.

and I say logitech all the way

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was more concerned with batery life and responsiveness of a wireless in general. i have large hands (hint hint) and won't be gaming, so i'll have to go cop a feel. thanks all.

*heads off to staples*

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
The only thing that made me not buy the G7 is battery life and weight. G5 ftw!

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
the G7 comes with 2 battery and a battery charger. I got it for $12 AR about a month ago. I love the fact you can change the resolution of the mouse on the fly.

Only think i don't like is the actual material. Any sweat, dirt, or grim will stick to the top of the mouse unless you wipe it clean.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
You say you don't want a notebook mouse, but the one I have is slightly larger than the normal mini-mice. Its by Kensington and it has the most comfortable grip ever. Battery life is good as well. Its a "laser" mouse vs the normal optical ones so apparently its 20x more accurate. I'll believe it because it works on every surface I have tried, even perfectly on pure white paper, and I've compared this to my normal optical mouse.

This is the Bluetooth version, there is also a USB wireless as well.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1130342820252

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
12 Participants
Mazda Gremlyn
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing