Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Girls,

Can an M6 owners living in Sydney provide a summary of quotations for comprehensive insurance ?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Comprehensive Insurance - quotes'

Holy Moly, move to Brisbane, you can save $300. AAMI is the cheapest around.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Reading Topic: Comprehensive Insurance - quotes

You guys pay so cheap!!
NRMA quote me cheaper than AAMI, with 60% no claim bonus .. it's $1400.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hi everybody,

Hum - I just moved down from Brisbane last year and I agree with you about the cost
of "all" insurances in Sydney - nearly every policy I had doubled !!!

I'll just let you know a little more about my details. I'm 38 yrs, have 60% no claim bonus, the car will be garaged and has the optional factory alarm system fitted. (I'm having the additional "tilt" sensor sent in from the USA). The policy will be a named driver only policy with my girlfriend - 32 yrs and 60% no claim policy as well.

So far I've been quoted: (Bexley/Hustville/Beverly Hills/Arncliffe area's)

Full Comprehensive / Agreed Value $38,500

Suncorp Metway / GIO: $ 1,337
NRMA: $ 1,417
Allianz / FAI: $ 1,253
AAMI: $ 1,441
CGU: $ 1,078
CommInsure: $ 1,146

Has anybody been given better quotes than these in Sydney ?

Warren

·
Registered
322 Posts

I'm like $85/month for rating 1 thru my bank. I think they underwrite thru Allianz. 24 years old so maybe it'll drop a little more when I get mah birthday :p Luxo model.

·
Registered
124 Posts

As a 33year old 75% Rating 1 in Melbourne, and my wife is 31 and 75% as well...

The wagon is $628, and the hatch is $679.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Hi WRW,

I'm also 38yo and lives in Sydney. I'm insured with AAMI (max no claim bonus) and paying around $850 for my luxury M6. Perhaps you live in a high risk suburb - I'm bassed in Pennant Hills area.

·
Registered
131 Posts

Originally posted by Nugget

Hi WRW,

I'm also 38yo and lives in Sydney. I'm insured with AAMI (max no claim bonus) and  paying around $850 for my luxury M6.  Perhaps you live in a high risk suburb - I'm bassed in Pennant Hills area.[/b]
I also live in your area, but 12 yrs old younger. AAMI quoted me $1700 before altho I've been with their 3rd party cover for 3 yrs.

Could we have come across by chance? What colour do you got? Mine's silver contrail classic hatch.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Hi Peg4sus,

Wow, $1700?? Perhaps you do not have the 70% no claim bonus? That will hurt. I've been with AAMI for about 7 years.

I also have a silver contrail, but a luxury sedan. The M6 is becomng popular now, and I run into them on a daily basis, especially the silver contrail.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

whoaa..so cheap....
i'm paying 2782 for a rating 4 , under my bro's name 21yo and 19yo(me) as the additional driver.
oh btw, it's with RACV

D

·
0 Posts

The cheapest I found is $1489.00 from Allianz (www.allianz.com.au) and I have 50% NCB. They also do NCB protection for 60% and hire car and borken glass no excess etc...

NRMA and AAMI were sooo expensive... espescially if it is a hatch. AAMI wanted $2900... and NRMA $3000.

Ive got the Sports Luxury hatch in Titanium Grey.

Seeya,
Moz

·
Registered
1,010 Posts

Originally posted by WRW-Australia

Hi everybody,

Hum - I just moved down from Brisbane last year and I agree with you about the cost  
         of "all" insurances in Sydney - nearly every policy I had doubled !!!

I'll just let you know a little more about my details. I'm 38 yrs, have 60% no claim bonus, the car will be garaged and has the optional factory alarm system fitted. (I'm having the additional "tilt" sensor sent in from the USA). The policy will be a named driver only policy with my girlfriend - 32 yrs and 60% no claim policy as well.

So far I've been quoted: (Bexley/Hustville/Beverly Hills/Arncliffe area's)

Full Comprehensive / Agreed Value $38,500

Suncorp Metway / GIO:       $ 1,337
NRMA:                              $ 1,417
Allianz / FAI:                     $ 1,253
AAMI:                               $ 1,441
CGU:                                $ 1,078
CommInsure:                    $ 1,146

Has anybody been given better quotes than these in Sydney ?

Warren[/b]
Hey Warren,

I live in the Beverly Hills area, am 25, 60% and QBE has given me a quote for $1100. I think being older you should be able to get a lower price??

Kevin.

·
Registered
118 Posts

I'm also 25 and live in Lidcombe. I'm listed as the 2nd regular driver under my dad who's 55 and has 60% no claim bonus.
Car's always garaged. NRMA $1350.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts

Hey guys
im 18 living in Liverpool Sydney. The car is under my mothers name, insured for $39100. With an under 25 as the secondary driver im paying $150 per month or $1800 over a year. It is full comprehensive with 60% no claim bonus discount.
Unfortunatly i claim the title of paying the most for insurance....she's worth it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts