Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Mazda 6 gt and it has nav. I don’t see a way to enable a compass letter, N E S W for my direction of travel. Either on the nav display or in ten console where the speedometer etc is.

Is there something I’m missing as I’d like to really have this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
I'm assuming the function is the same as my 3. Click on the view selection (2d,etc.). One of those views is north oriented.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve rotated thru all that. Would you mind seeing what screen your is on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not sure about the NAV, but the right hand LED screen in the instrument panel on my 6 allows the option of showing compass direction by toggling through the options using button on steering wheel.

·
Registered
89 Posts
On the 2018 Signature 6 either 2D setting on the NAV display shows up (forward) as your vehicle's direction of travel. The 3D setting is oriented with North always being UP and the direction of the arrow showing your vehicles relative direction of travel on the display. There is no other compass heading directional display on the NAV, but you can select an instrument panel display mode which includes a compass directional display (N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW) on the right part of the LED IP which is only active when the vehicle is in motion.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
On the 2018 Signature 6 either 2D setting on the NAV display shows up (forward) as your vehicle's direction of travel. The 3D setting is oriented with North always being UP and the direction of the arrow showing your vehicles relative direction of travel on the display. There is no other compass heading directional display on the NAV, but you can select an instrument panel display mode which includes a compass directional display (N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW) on the right part of the LED IP which is only active when the vehicle is in motion.
This for me as well, without the compass rose on the dash.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
I’ve got no other information that the others haven’t already provided. Just wanted to say, “Hey, cool name!” 🙂

·
Registered
134 Posts
For the 2017 GT, you just keep pressing the INFO button on the steering wheel until you see the compass in the gauge cluster display.

I think it's the same for the 2016 GT.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So with the .70 code and the .59, there isn’t an arrow or letter either in the nav screen or the speedometer area.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
Viper67
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing