Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I've run exclusively Mazda filters since I got my '15; it has roughly 250,000 miles on it now. It consumes less than 1/2qt of oil over a 7,500 mile interval, which is what I run. Most of the time the oil has been Pennzoil 0w20; a few times Castrol and I think I've run Mobil 1 once. If someone's got one at $3-4 less than the other, that's what I get. Which filter I used at any given time was simply a function of what the stealer had. I've run the Japanese ones, the Thai ones, and the Mexican ones. The stealer where I used to live always did "buy 3, get 4" on oil filters so they got bought 4 at a time. I got two sets before leaving NW FL and still have a number of them left; they're all Mexican. In fact I just put one on the car, and have a Thai one, used, that I drained but didn't toss.

If I remember I'll take both apart after I change the oil the next time. Might be a bit messy but I think I can handle it. :)

I've got plenty of UOAs from this engine. None have ever shown any difference in terms of results; all have shown very close to zero wear metal numbers.

Given this I don't much care which one of the three the stealer has for sale.

1 - 1 of 9 Posts