Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drive...rticleId=109487

It looks like Edmunds.com posted this article a little over a month ago. Being a newb, let me apologize first off if this is a duplicate post. I did search through the forum only to find an old, rather lengthy thread (about 9pages long from a year ago), so I made the executive decision to do a new post.

Anyway I just ran across it and figured you guys would be interested.
*Spoiler* >>the MS6 gets the nod over the legacy!!! :yesnod:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
there's another post a few weeks ago on this; still great article.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
have you guys seen the 2007 spec B info yet? i went in to the subaru dealer last week. they're going with 2-tone leather now (blue w/ black trim), 6-speed manual, dsc standard, and a few other little things that make it a lot nicer than it was for 06. its also going to be priced even higher by about 1-2k at least putting it in the mid to high 30's base. so now i really do wonder what mazda is going to do with the 07 ms6. dual climate control? memory seats? make it comparable, please.

btw, this wasnt out of the dealer's mouth. i saw the broshure.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If there is a 07 MS6, it will be a carry over. Mabey a new color, mabey.

·
Registered
297 Posts
have you guys seen the 2007 spec B info yet? i went in to the subaru dealer last week. they're going with 2-tone leather now (blue w/ black trim), 6-speed manual, dsc standard, and a few other little things that make it a lot nicer than it was for 06. its also going to be priced even higher by about 1-2k at least putting it in the mid to high 30's base. so now i really do wonder what mazda is going to do with the 07 ms6. dual climate control? memory seats? make it comparable, please.
[/b]
Nope. Let Subaru get stuck with over-priced Spec Bs. Keep the MS6 at this affordable level, it's a nice sweet niche spot.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Ya the 2007 Legacy Spec-B is going to be incredible now that it has the nearly unbreakable Sti transmission. It'll take all of 5 minutes for all of those to turn into 360 whp+ monsters.
[/b]
Crossbow is right...infact if the 06 Legacy had the STi transmission I might be on the subie forums roight now instead of this one. :p

·
Registered
243 Posts
0-60 in 6.1 seconds, really, are you kidding me? Perhaps they should have started their acceleration runs in 1st gear, instead of 2nd. While the Subie's performance is relatively in line with other published numbers, the MS6 is well off the pace. I do like the Subaru very well, but it's way overpriced for what you get and cranking it up more next year isn't going to help.

·
Registered
59 Posts

btw, this wasnt out of the dealer's mouth. i saw the broshure.
[/b]
According to the Legacy board the '07 Spec B should be priced about the same as the '06, ~$34k. The '07 Spec B is part of the regular line up and no longer a limited edition so I guess that offsets the cost of additional equipments. Besides the 6-spd and VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) it will also have folding rear seats for the first time, the SI-Drive, input jack for iPod and some other minor new stuff. The SI-Drive is kindda like a performance selector, in the Intelligent (Economy) Mode it's suppose to improve the fuel economy by 10%.

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
The Spec B legacy (in 07) is basically a commuter Sti for all needs and purposes.

Considering how little it takes to turn those cars into utter monsters (along with an aftermarket that fits the entire 6/mps6 aftermarket into a thumbnail on one of their webpages), I don't think its overpriced at all.

It's probably going to be the major sought after car in 2007. (Which will suck even more if you want to buy one)

Btw the MPS 6 has a rather wide spread of acceleration times. I've seen everything from mid 5's to high 6's. It all depends on the driver and the environmental conditions (the hotter it is, the slower it goes). I don't see 6.1 seconds being off, as other magazines/tests have shown similar times within the same range of variance. Not everyone can drive like ATL you know :).

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ya the 2007 Legacy Spec-B is going to be incredible now that it has the nearly unbreakable Sti transmission. It'll take all of 5 minutes for all of those to turn into 360 whp+ monsters.
[/b]
Yeah, I can't wait!!!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The fact that it doesnt have the ugly ass new subaru front end is even more appealing

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
for 34k, ill take my money over to infiniti for the '07 g35. 300+hp/300tq out of the box on a v6. sure u dont get awd (well, u could if u want atx), but u get so much more refinement and styling.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
The Spec B legacy (in 07) is basically a commuter Sti for all needs and purposes.

Considering how little it takes to turn those cars into utter monsters (along with an aftermarket that fits the entire 6/mps6 aftermarket into a thumbnail on one of their webpages), I don't think its overpriced at all.

It's probably going to be the major sought after car in 2007. (Which will suck even more if you want to buy one)

Btw the MPS 6 has a rather wide spread of acceleration times. I've seen everything from mid 5's to high 6's. It all depends on the driver and the environmental conditions (the hotter it is, the slower it goes). I don't see 6.1 seconds being off, as other magazines/tests have shown similar times within the same range of variance. Not everyone can drive like ATL you know :).
[/b]
LOL.... If everyone drove like me. There wouldn't be traffic jams. It would look like a autobahn, road course, and drag strip. :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
LOL.... If everyone drove like me. There wouldn't be traffic jams. It would look like a autobahn, road course, and drag strip. :D
[/b]

Here is some great info on the 2007 Legacy.Linky.

This will top 35k, easy.

·
Registered
396 Posts
0-60 in 6.1 seconds, really, are you kidding me? Perhaps they should have started their acceleration runs in 1st gear, instead of 2nd. While the Subie's performance is relatively in line with other published numbers, the MS6 is well off the pace. I do like the Subaru very well, but it's way overpriced for what you get and cranking it up more next year isn't going to help.
[/b]
The test was done in Cali and I am sure on Cali's crappy 91 octane fuel. And if you read these forums you know the MS6 experiences more performance loss with lower octane fuel than the LGT.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
14 Participants
Baggio
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing