Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about selling my wheels to get something different, should I keep them or go with something else. I'm leaning towards a 5 spoke design in a dark color.

Also for those curious:
The fogs are nokya h11 jdm yellow
The rims are 18x8 +45 Old School Buddy Club II
and more questions feel free to ask

·
Registered
437 Posts
Looks good, but for some reason, I think our cars look better with the stock wheels. Something with alot of spokes (like the german cars).

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
I am torn myself. I'm more of an old-school 5-7 spoke design person. I had a set of black pearl centerline 17x7s (13lbs/wheel) that are similarly colored to yours on my old 6 and I have been debating whether to put those on my MS6 this coming summer. Yet I also am interested in some new wheels.

If I were you, I'd think about lowering your car a bit and keep the wheels. If you do want to sell, tell me the weight per wheel and offset as I may be interested! :D

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really do want to lower the car, and am also torn there as, while i would like a set of autoexe springs, I really like the tein basic coilovers.
btw i also have centerlines in a 18x8.5 for my talon and absolutely love them

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Do you know what you'd get if you got new ones? I think you should look at the ADR Formula 5, Vsion, or Battle Ex. I think ADR wheels look very sharp with the body lines of the MS6.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rota's has been making quite a few rim styles that I like. they have also been making more of them with polished lips.
I do like there torques, d2s, p45fs, subzeros, attacks.

I am leaning toward a torque in a 18 with a +48 offset in flat black or hyper black or a subzero in same size in a polished

or 5zigen FN01R-c or volks grams light rim

ah choices choices

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Rota's has been making quite a few rim styles that I like. they have also been making more of them with polished lips.
I do like there torques, d2s, p45fs, subzeros, attacks.

I am leaning toward a torque in a 18 with a +48 offset in flat black or hyper black or a subzero in same size in a polished

or 5zigen FN01R-c or volks grams light rim

ah choices choices
[/b]
I really like that 5-Zigen FN01R in a hyper black.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Lovin the yellow fogs, I always thought fog lights looked best when they were yellow. The rims look nice sitting flush like that w/ your fender, did you have any rubbing problems w/ a 45 offset?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I like em even without the drop. Great color choice

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think you should keep the rims and drop that sucka! I love how the fogs look. Can u take a pic of them, but a little bit more away from the car? Thanks..

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
i love the black with the polished lip, i myslef was THINKING about that set up with my beautiful titanium speed6.. lol

it looks real good
+1 drop =even better!

·
Registered
507 Posts
...I think our cars look better with the stock wheels. Something with alot of spokes (like the german cars).
[/b]
That is EXACTLY what I think :thumbup: The car looks weaker with thinner, fewer spokes.

Those rims are nice but I don't think they really do anything for the car. I don't hate or love them. They're just kind of there.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I like 5/6 spoke wheels but they don't seem to look good on our cars. The wheels on your car are probably the first set that I thought looked good on the Speed6. I'm looking into the wheels below. I'm trying to find out if they come in an offset that will fit.

[attachmentid=17433]

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yes... those are badass. Where did you find them?

I like 5/6 spoke wheels but they don't seem to look good on our cars. The wheels on your car are probably the first set that I thought looked good on the Speed6. I'm looking into the wheels below. I'm trying to find out if they come in an offset that will fit.

[attachmentid=17433]
[/b]

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thinking about selling my wheels to get something different, should I keep them or go with something else. I'm leaning towards a 5 spoke design in a dark color.

Also for those curious:
The fogs are nokya h11 jdm yellow
The rims are 18x8 +45 Old School Buddy Club II
and more questions feel free to ask

[/b]

Dude your car looks phat!!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I bet that would look nice with some red calipers.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I bet that would look nice with some red calipers.
[/b]

You read my mind...i was actually thinking about that this past weekend. Do you think red would clash or go with a different color?

thanks for all the comments. those who had questions about rubbing, i do run a 235 on a 8in wide rim with a 45 offset the rears rub o so very slight. rolling the fenders would solve that problem and still have plenty of clearance.

i'm still debating on how to go about lowering, either autoexe springs or tein basics, right now i'm leaning toward the teins.

yomoma thanks for the link

·
Registered
303 Posts
I say red calipers would go nice with the rear lights and such. I think it would look sweet.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hmmm may have to do that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts