Mazda 6 Forums banner

Come race @ Texas Motor Speedway

516 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  mwortham 
#1 ·
Come on out to Texas Motor Speedway on Sunday, October 15th for some autocross with the SCCA! Anyone can compete - you don't even need a helmet - loaners are provided. Registration is $30. If you've never autocrossed before, there is no better time to start! We normally race in a parking lot at TMS, but this time we'll be on the infield road course. For more info check the link. I'll be there, but we need some more 6's. I've been the only one all season!

http://autocross.com/tr/tmsroadcourse.shtml

Here's a shot to get you fired up:

See less See more
Discussion starter · #9 ·
I guess I should have elaborated a bit on my comment, but I've never actually competed in a solo2 event. I've been wanting to do so for awhile now but the events here (West Texas Region SCCA) are only held at two locations. One is about 3 hours away and the closer one is an hour and a half away. Out of all the events there are only 4 events at the closer location and 2 of them were when I was working back in Dallas over the summer. I missed the first one back in March and now there is one left which I hope I can make. The guys over here aren't very organized though, they will move or cancel the events at the last minute. Regardless, I've been wanting to go (especially after ZoomZoomLive!) so I hope I can make it. Not sure what class I would compete in. I have intake/header (stock downpipe) and tires (225/45/17.)
[/b]
Well, that's a bummer that they aren't more organized. They have things pretty much down to a science here. The events usually run pretty smoothly. We race rain or shine. The only times they've called a race is when there's hail, lightning, or some other weather condition that may cause bodily harm.

I also race some with Equipe Rapide (ER). Between ER, and the SCCA I think there are still 5 races in total left for this season. Check out ER's schedule here: ER Calendar. And the SCCA Texas Region here: SCCA TR Calendar. It would be cool if you could make it sometime.

As far as classing goes, the headers would disqualify you from Stock class (GS). Probably Street Touring (STS) is where you'd want to be. I'm in STS as well. The RB rear sway bar and the CPE MAFci forced me out of stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.