Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have about 6 or 7 committed to a meet in Columbus, next weekend the 13th. Wanted to see if anyone else in the area was down for meeting up?

We're going to meet at Easton Town Center, look at cars, grab some lunch, pretty much whatever. Then, I'm gonna lead a cruise through some great roads in Licking county ;)

As said, PM me for details or post here if you have any questions ;)

·
Registered
213 Posts
bump

·
Registered
14 Posts
Missed it. Anything else coming up soon?

·
Registered
73 Posts
FYI: Meet this Sunday July 12 @ 2pm at Sonic in Polaris.

It's supposed to be a great day on Sunday and we spiked quite a bit of interest from other forums so come on out and join us for a Mazda meet at the Sonic in Polaris .

Where: Sonic
1031 GEMINI PLACE
COLUMBUS, OH 43240

When: Sunday, 2pm

See some of you there hopefully! Yes, it's the same weekend as the Goodguys so it should be busy around that area.

·
Registered
213 Posts
i was at the national meet or i would have went

·
Registered
14 Posts
Glad to see you guys still have the Easton meets going on. It's been a few years since I've proably seen some of you. Ohio Probes used to meet up with you guys at the Easton meet. The main Mazda that sticks out is the Jackson supercharged Miata that was owned by a older guy, can't remember if he was from WV or somewhere else.
My blue 93 Probe is dead, had some wiring issues after a bad snowstorm and couldn't figure it out after a couple years of messing with it. I went as far as doing a atx-mtx swap to replace wiring and still couldn't get it running. I eventually got rid of it and now have a 97 Silver Probe GT and have had it for about 3 years. Now the time has come since my wife is 9 months pregnant that I need to get rid of the Probe and buy a 4 door car. You'll be glad to know that I am in the market for a new Mazda6. I just can't quit Mazda(too brokeback mountainy?) I believe that I am going to end up with one of the base 6's so it will be 5spd and have hubcaps, but over time I will add a few things to it to dress it up, most of the stuff being after the warranty is over just to avoid the whole "will this void my warranty" thing.
The Probe is officially sold to a guy that is flying up from Florida on Tuesday to pick it up. I have to meet him at the airport, then get the titled transferred, go to the bank to cash the check, etc. then he's on his way back to Florida and I'm on my way to the dealership with my down payment money to buy the car.
The downside I've seen trying to buy now is that the Cash for Clunkers deal has wiped out most of the inventory of the dealerships and they don't have much to choose from. Hopefully the dealership will be able to find the color I want and get it sent there. The only colors they have at the dealership in the base model is a silver metallic one. I am preferring black so some tinted windows and eventually black rims with a chrome lip will look nice.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
QUOTE (noclss2000 @ Sep 12 2009, 12:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1600225
Glad to see you guys still have the Easton meets going on. It's been a few years since I've proably seen some of you. Ohio Probes used to meet up with you guys at the Easton meet. The main Mazda that sticks out is the Jackson supercharged Miata that was owned by a older guy, can't remember if he was from WV or somewhere else.
My blue 93 Probe is dead, had some wiring issues after a bad snowstorm and couldn't figure it out after a couple years of messing with it. I went as far as doing a atx-mtx swap to replace wiring and still couldn't get it running. I eventually got rid of it and now have a 97 Silver Probe GT and have had it for about 3 years. Now the time has come since my wife is 9 months pregnant that I need to get rid of the Probe and buy a 4 door car. You'll be glad to know that I am in the market for a new Mazda6. I just can't quit Mazda(too brokeback mountainy?) I believe that I am going to end up with one of the base 6's so it will be 5spd and have hubcaps, but over time I will add a few things to it to dress it up, most of the stuff being after the warranty is over just to avoid the whole "will this void my warranty" thing.
The Probe is officially sold to a guy that is flying up from Florida on Tuesday to pick it up. I have to meet him at the airport, then get the titled transferred, go to the bank to cash the check, etc. then he's on his way back to Florida and I'm on my way to the dealership with my down payment money to buy the car.
The downside I've seen trying to buy now is that the Cash for Clunkers deal has wiped out most of the inventory of the dealerships and they don't have much to choose from. Hopefully the dealership will be able to find the color I want and get it sent there. The only colors they have at the dealership in the base model is a silver metallic one. I am preferring black so some tinted windows and eventually black rims with a chrome lip will look nice.[/b]
WOW, i did not expect to see Dan on the mazda forums... this is Ben, PGT95, black 95 pgt FROM COLUMBUS... I saw your screen name on accident, wried how so many probe peeps end up in 6's... dude find a used MS6... you wont regret it, my 9 month old loves it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
QUOTE (BigBen @ Sep 21 2009, 02:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1602632
WOW, i did not expect to see Dan on the mazda forums... this is Ben, PGT95, black 95 pgt FROM COLUMBUS... I saw your screen name on accident, wried how so many probe peeps end up in 6's... dude find a used MS6... you wont regret it, my 9 month old loves it![/b]
Ben!!!! Sorry, I forgot to check back on the site. How have you been? You still living in Columbus or did you move down to Cincy? I think I remember that your wife's family was down here?
The sale ended up not going through on selling my Probe. A guy flew up from Florida to buy it after I got it out of the shop when I had some stuff replaced/fixed on it. The morning I wen to pick him up from the hotel the CEL started flashing, so we pulled the codes. It was a random multiple cylinder misfire code. We looked under the hood and saw the crank pulley was wobbling :eek: This really pissed me off considering I told the mechanic to look the car over top to bottom to ensure it would make the drive to Florida. I also noticed the belts were shot so clearly the mechanic didnt' do as I asked. That's what I get for not doing the work myself and having them do it in a hurry. I had them replace the crank pulley and belts but the guy ended up backing out of the deal anyways :swearin: So after taking him to the airport, I picked up the Probe and quickly realized that the car had a lot more power than before. Apparently, the problem with the car for the past 3 years that I've had it was a loose crank pulley, causing the crank position sensor to not get a good reading, setting itself to default timing and losing power. I don't know any of us didn't come up with that theory 3 years ago. We've swapped VRIS actuators and plungers, replaced the vaccums on the intake manifold and still nothing. Now that it runs right...and I have almost 1000 dollars in maintenance done on it, I think I'm going to keep the car.

I did just try to put our newer car seat/base in the Probe and it just isn't going to work. The seat release is at toward the back so I absolutely can't reach it unless I go to the driver's side and climb in and hit the release then go back to the passenger side to get the seat out. Screw that! So, the hunt is back on for a 6. After realizing how much babysitting costs are, I think I will have to do a used 6. I found a couple for sale at Jeff Wyler in Eastgate for 11k with only 47-50k on the clock. Unfortunately, they're 4 cylinders and the 6 cylinders were a bit too expensive for us. I have to keep my car payments down at around 170 a month or less. So, if you or anybody on here knows of a 6 cylinder used 6 for sale that's about 11k or cheaper with low mileage, let me know!

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
July 22

The address in case anyone missed it...

Highbanks: 9466 Columbus Pike(US Rt 23N) Lewis Center, Oh 43035

Starts around noon. There's a food list in the Ohio section of mazdas247.com If any of you are over there as well, check it out to see if there's anything you can bring.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.