Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!! I can't sleep at night.

I ordered my car last week with silver exterior and black cloth interior but now I'm not sure if that's what I want.

I really like the dark grey and sonic blue but in Canada my only cloth choice is grey. I'm just not sure I like the way the dash looks with the grey/black split.

When you guys/gals choose your colour do you go with exterior as first choice and accept whatever comes as interior, or would you choose an interior you like because that's what you see when driving???

It's killing me, and I need to tell the dealer which colour to try and get.

The other thing is that my wife already has a silver Acura 1.7EL (Honda Civic in a tuxedo).

Opinions please.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Reading Topic: Colour Advice

I have the Silver and love it. But if my wife had a silver car, I'd get something different, just to switch it up a bit.

·
Registered
72 Posts

I got the dark Grey and wouldn't settle for anything else if that's the color you wanted. But you said you already ordered so I guess it's too late. I also got the sports package which requires a black interior, leather in my case, and I love it. It's not as hot as I thought it'd be but that may be because of the tinting.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I do like the grey...It's really just a matter of deciding if I want the grey cloth interior...Certainly a tough decision.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

Grey is the way to go... with the "Black" interior. You can't get black in Canad?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The way Mazda packaged the colours in Canada sucks. I'm not considering leather so for cloth here are the choices:

Exterior Interior (Cloth)
Glacier White Grey
Black Grey
Sonic Blue Grey
Redfire Metallic Beige
Glacier Silver Black
Dark Grey Grey

Bloody Mazda Canada.

·
Registered
8,628 Posts

Interesting. In the US Black is an option with every car because you can't get sports pkg without it. I have no idea how the steel grey car would look with a grey interior...

·
Registered
207 Posts

I decided on the exterior color first (Lapis blue). From there, I wanted the sport and comfort packages - which commits you to black leather interior.

I'm quite happy with the black leather. Soft, easy to clean, hides those "stains of unknown origin", etc... I don't notice the color of the seats much when driving, it was more important that the leather seat FEEL good, moreso than a cloth seat.

My last car (Dodge) had a grey-cloth interior which seemed to produce massive quantites of dust and lint on the dark dashboard. The cloth also didn't breathe well, so long-trips = sweaty.

If you still can't decide, well, that's why they sell seat-covers....have a different color interior for each month, if you want....

Hope that helps. Congratulations on the car!

·
Registered
492 Posts

Exterior color comes first, then the interior color. The glacier silver looks a bit dull...it's more gray than silver in my opinon. The sport package only comes with black. Even though black is hotter in the summer, it however hides dirt and wrinkles better.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

Yap, exterior first. SONIC BLUE it is. ;) Take a look at mine. :D

The Black/Grey interior might look odd in the beginning, but later I found out it's exactly the same as my wife's CR-V.

My wife has a SILVER CRV.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Colour Advice'

i think it depends on driver....somehas different views while most say exterior is first

i say interior is first..cause u be drivin inside the car not outside

imagine rush hour...gridlock......would u rather like to see ur favorite color inside?
but from the pics of grey cloths interior..i don't think it's that bad of a color.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Thanks for your input...Last night I decided to stop by my dealer and compare both interiors again.

After much thought I just really like the black cloth interior better than the grey. And like Ichi says when I'm sitting on the highway in rush hour I want to really enjoy my interior. Hence, it's a silver/black M6 for me. Case closed.

Can't wait to get it!!

·
Registered
418 Posts

Ah, first the car, then the colors...or is it the other way around?
For me, I have been looking at every 'nice' car that zoom-zoom
past me on the road and I've always like the black ones, so when
I decided to go for broke & get a car, it has to be black. Here the
M6 2.3 only comes in black, blue & yellow and with all black leather
interior, so it is an easy choice for me. However I think you'll get
used to any color as your own once the car key is in your hands.
So, to Stickman who started this thread, stick with silver and get
some sleep! I see the silver in the showroom & it looks great! It
would have been my 2nd choice if not for my partiality to black.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Colour Advice

Agree. But I bought a rotating rim brush for my high pressure cleaner. It works great. Five minutes and all for rims and tyres are perfectly clean - brake dust and road tar gone too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts