Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just bought a 2007 mazda 6 station wagon and now its time to customize, my question to everyone here on the forum is what scheme should I go with black and red or black and white. Please answer which color and why and I am open to other suggestions. The car is currently black on black and I want it to look mildly custom.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
First stop calling it a STATION wagon..

2nd like Flip said it's your car you decide what you want. Go look at other members rides and decide.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Going your path, I would say tint all the windows, leave everything from the windows up painted black and everything below the windows paint charcoal.

If it were me, I like subtle so I would tint the windows, leave the paint as is and invest in some tasteful rims. Then maybe switch the headlights to HIDs and add some chrome accents like door handles.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Unless you plan on keeping it forever remember that if you get too extreme with the mods you are going limit the pool of buyers when it's time to sell. You already have a small buyer pool because it's a wagon, so remember sometimes less is more. Although I must say the 6 wagon is one of the best looking wagons ever.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think the mazda 6 (1st gen) is one of the most beautifull cars out there,either sedan or sports wagon.
Just don't go crazy with chrome....

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Going your path, I would say tint all the windows, leave everything from the windows up painted black and everything below the windows paint charcoal.

If it were me, I like subtle so I would tint the windows, leave the paint as is and invest in some tasteful rims. Then maybe switch the headlights to HIDs and add some chrome accents like door handles.

I hope you are kidding about the chrome door handle.. Chrome is ugly as hell

justsayin

I think the mazda 6 (1st gen) is one of the most beautifull cars out there,either sedan or sports wagon.
Just don't go crazy with chrome....
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
What do you mean, chrome totally pulls this all together..... (sarcasm detected)

If only it didn't look so bad, makes the car look like you missed a few spots.

·
Registered
368 Posts

justsayin

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Got them on my car, but my car is silver. To each there own. For me, custom paints schemes on a daily driver is too much and (unrelated to this thread) black rims look bad without a machine finished lip.

Just sayin'

·
Registered
368 Posts
What do you mean, chrome totally pulls this all together..... (sarcasm detected)

If only it didn't look so bad, makes the car look like you missed a few spots.
See, now this car does not work for me. I not into chrome rims or gas caps (or any gas cap trim really). Even the doors handles with this color does not exactly work for me (I'd have to see it as the only chrome on the car). The ground effect aren't my thing either.

With this RX8 pictured (when it was stock) I'd get some tastefully subtle 19" (maybe 20") rims, tint the windows, do those accents on the fender vents (if those are not standard) and door handles if I could find ones that are mostly body color with a machine finished or chrome trimmed outer trim. And HIDs if it didn't already have them. Wouldn't do much else.

Sorry if this is someone's car, this was not meant to offend, just my personal taste. Everyone is different. If I wanted to offend, i guess I could have said WTF, that's ugly (which I did not).

Happy Holidays

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
10 Participants
MrPistachio
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing