Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a cel p 0126 since it was time to change the plugs i changed them with the dealer all 6 plugs and coils. The reappeared and it says that there was insufficent normal temp , maybe stuck open thermostat. The temps never reached the normal half way point with highway driving, it was running cold. Only in city driving did it reach normal temps. So recently here in FL it was cold by our stardards (25-35 F) mornings, and two days ago i start up the car after not using it for the weekend and no start. Tried to jump start but that's not the issue, checked the fuses, still no start. Any one had this issue? What else could this be? Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i got a cel a week ago for P 0126 mazda 6 v6, i looked it up and it states "insufficent coolant temp for stable condition" So I changed the tstat, however it still does not warm up to the reg temp while driving on highway, in city driving and stop and go it warms up ok. Im assuming its not the temp sensor since it does warm up to normal in city driving, it's just that the highway driving that the temps fall almost the the lowest temp levels as shown on the temp gauges. what could this be?

·
Registered
222 Posts
QUOTE (acito78 @ Jan 25 2010, 12:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1632182
i got a cel a week ago for P 0126 mazda 6 v6, i looked it up and it states "insufficent coolant temp for stable condition" So I changed the tstat, however it still does not warm up to the reg temp while driving on highway, in city driving and stop and go it warms up ok. Im assuming its not the temp sensor since it does warm up to normal in city driving, it's just that the highway driving that the temps fall almost the the lowest temp levels as shown on the temp gauges. what could this be?[/b]
I would double check your tstat. A friend of mine had the same issue and changed out his tstat. The problem continued. He checked the tstat again and realized he had installed it backwards. So it wouldn't hurt to double check that since it's pretty simple to access. Also, make sure you are full on coolant. If you try those and the problem still isn't fixed, then I'd replace the temp sensor.

Also, when you check to make sure it's installed correctly, it wouldn't hurt to put a new tstat in again just in case the one you put in is faulty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts