Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a cold air intake for my mazda 6i 2.3l and it was a cheap one so I looked on here and saw some people talking about what I need to do....so I looked it up and can't find it and they discontinued the one that I was looking for any ideas

·
Super Moderator
17,895 Posts
Uh, what are you asking?
Possibly someone talking about the codes that get thrown when you buy cheap CAIs because they don't have the built-in air deflector to trick the MAF?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry maybe my question was a little weird...
And yea punctuation was bad sorry. But yea they discontinued the one that throws the CAI and couldn't find one in my price rang.....well thanks guys,but I did a little thinking and did it myself with a some cheap parts and a little ingenuity...no more cells thrown and it worked....the air filter for the cold air I bought was cheap so went and bought a k&n air filter,drilled into the piping and ran the control runner valve into it with a valve hose.....mad proper placement for it and ever since I haven't had any problems...

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Sorry maybe my question was a little weird...
And yea punctuation was bad sorry. But yea they discontinued the one that throws the CAI and couldn't find one in my price rang.....well thanks guys,but I did a little thinking and did it myself with a some cheap parts and a little ingenuity...no more cells thrown and it worked....the air filter for the cold air I bought was cheap so went and bought a k&n air filter,drilled into the piping and ran the control runner valve into it with a valve hose.....mad proper placement for it and ever since I haven't had any problems...

Good to know that you figured it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts