Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a long while since ive been on this site. almost forgot my password. Ive had a injen CAI on my car for atleast 2 yrs + and was wondering when i should change the filter. ive had it blown out and cleaned but wanted to get yalls feedback. thanks guys...

·
Registered
676 Posts
I have the same setup, but prob for 4-5 years on my car. I just clean the filter once a year. I believe (i'm not sure) that it is a K&N filter, so you can just buy their filter cleaner kit and that should take care of it for you. It's pretty simple takes like 20 minutes (gotta let it dry)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I clean my filter about once every 5000 - 10000 miles. It's the same one that came with the kit back in 2005. Still works like a champ! ;) I wouldn't worry about changing out the actual filter unless you start to see some separation or thin spots in the element itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
it depends on whether or not you have the paper filter or oiled?? I have the oiled filter and i clean mine everytime i change my oil

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love the injen CAI. I just purchased this for my car and I cant believe the difference I have noticed in it- well I take that back, I can believe it haha. Although it doesnt come close to my turbo rice burner sitting in my garage ha!

I change my oil on my car every 5k miles, so every time I change my oil, I give my air filter a clean while I wait for my oil to drain and while I am doing the oil change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts