Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i am looking to buy a mazdaspeed cai for the 3.0l v6 mazda 6, and your site says the price is $264. how come your price is so low because my local dealers price is $325 for the same part. why is that?

·
Registered
259 Posts
hey i am looking to buy a mazdaspeed cai for the 3.0l v6 mazda 6, and your site says the price is $264. how come your price is so low because my local dealers price is $325 for the same part. why is that?
[/b]

I currently have them on sale for a bit lower than my regular price.

The sale will end without notice.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
What's the performance gain with this intake installed on a 6i auto?

Also, it comes with a 12/12 warranty, or is it covered under the factory warranty? Would it be covered under the Mazda Protection Plan (extended) warranty?

Thanks!

·
Registered
259 Posts
What's the performance gain with this intake installed on a 6i auto?

Also, it comes with a 12/12 warranty, or is it covered under the factory warranty? Would it be covered under the Mazda Protection Plan (extended) warranty?

Thanks!
[/b]

Mazda did not publish performance gains on any of their intakes. No reason given.

12/12 warranty on the intake against manufacturer defects.

If the intake is installed at time of purchase of the car or "in the deal", if would fall under the manufacturers warranty, whatever it was for that model/year.

·
Registered
347 Posts
will your dealership do an install on an aem intake for my 6i. is it true the mazda intake you can barely hear it due to a silencer. Also, how much for an install on a mazda intake and how ocme mazdausa.com says for a manual tranny. Is there a difference between a manual and auto. Sorry for all the questions thanx

·
Registered
259 Posts
will your dealership do an install on an aem intake for my 6i. is it true the mazda intake you can barely hear it due to a silencer. Also, how much for an install on a mazda intake and how ocme mazdausa.com says for a manual tranny. Is there a difference between a manual and auto. Sorry for all the questions thanx
[/b]
I guess they'll install it but you'll get zero warranty on the labor.

I have had no feedback regarding the Mazda CAI. I sell enough of them but people don't get back to me with feedback. I think we've put on a couple but I'm always off doing something else and miss the car upon exiting the dealership.

As for your last question, manual transmission means it's for manual transmission equipped cars. Not for automatics.

·
Registered
347 Posts
but what does it matter if its mtx vs. atx. In aem, fujita and injen it doesnt say for mtx only so waht makes the mazda one different. Thanx

·
Registered
259 Posts
but what does it matter if its mtx vs. atx. In aem, fujita and injen it doesnt say for mtx only so waht makes the mazda one different. Thanx
[/b]

But you blow CEL's with those, right?

Mazda gave specs to AEM for the m/t. Not the a/t.

You're welcome to purchase one to try on your a/t. We won't want it back, though.

·
Registered
347 Posts
ok how much is a dealer install of the cai im looking to do this within the week, also i have the six year extended warranty when i bought my six, this will have no effect with it right

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[/b]
the mazdaspeed cai isint as loud as the other cai, i heard it was like the sound of the air box mod which isint that loud.

·
Registered
259 Posts
ok how much is a dealer install of the cai im looking to do this within the week, also i have the six year extended warranty when i bought my six, this will have no effect with it right
[/b]

:banghead:

Installing a CAI on an auto intended for a stick.....

Nope...no affect on your warranty whatsoever.

We won't install it. But we'll let you buy it and do it yourself or have someone else do it.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I have the airbox mod already, and it adds a little tiny bit of power to the car in feeling, esp. when cold. I'd say maybe 4-5hp at the most.

What are the gains with the CAI on the MTX 6i?

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
unlike most compact cars, or at least cramped engine bays regardless of engine size, the 6 has absolutely no way an automatic transmission could prevent you from installing an intake. we're very lucky to have such a spacious engine bay, especially the 2.3.

you look at other cars, like the G35 coupe, for instance, and there are different intakes for the different transmissions.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
First guy to dyno wins.
[/b]
Someone already posted a dyno with/without the airbox mod on this site, I've seen it before. Unless my memory's failing me, it was a small gain. Of course it could be different with the CAI.

Since the warranty will more than likely be affected with the Mazdaspeed CAI (since it's not offered for ATX vehicles), I'm not willing to chance it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Someone already posted a dyno with/without the airbox mod on this site, I've seen it before. Unless my memory's failing me, it was a small gain. Of course it could be different with the CAI.

Since the warranty will more than likely be affected with the Mazdaspeed CAI (since it's not offered for ATX vehicles), I'm not willing to chance it.
[/b]

I've fired off an email to the program director of Mazdaspeed products at Mazda USA, asking if they'll offer the CAI for an a/t. I also asked if there was a reason they did not test it on an a/t (as the original explanation was 'we didn't try it on an a/t so no, we don't recommend it')

I'll never expect a dyno sheet from Mazda as it backs them into a corner. Warranty over dyno sheet....

You decide.

Speculation out the wazoo

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Dyno isn't a big deal. Screwing up my 100k warranty is. As long as they say it'll work on ATX and not void my warranty, I will get one.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Dyno isn't a big deal. Screwing up my 100k warranty is. As long as they say it'll work on ATX and not void my warranty, I will get one.
[/b]
A cold air intake shouldnt void your warranty. I think there was something out about that. The dealer has to service your car unless they can prove that the intake directly caused the problem. I took my old 6 to several dealers and they never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
814 Posts
A cold air intake shouldnt void your warranty. I think there was something out about that. The dealer has to service your car unless they can prove that the intake directly caused the problem. I took my old 6 to several dealers and they never had a problem with it.
[/b]
Correct...but
I dont believe thats issue here...being that its a mazdaspeed accessory. Mazdaspeed products tend to be a different animal as far as mods go because mazda makes and backs them, so they are pretty much intended to work. mazda states that "With all accessories, please check with your Mazdaspeed Dealer for applicable models." so if I put hatch springs on my sedan and the wheels fall off for some ungodly reason...they can CHOOSE to say it wasn't an "applicable" model, it was a sedan...have a nice day. Which goes without saying if it says M/T intake, and you put it in an A/T. Its a crapshoot...but mazdas not stupid, they got all angels covered just in case. And going back to the install...mazda dealers won't touch it because then they would be "insuring/guarantee" (whatever you'd like to call it) the work. And they most likely dont wanna be fixing it when it breaks due to "inapplicable" application LOL. If its the right part...they yell at mazda and mazda fixes it. If its the wrong part...mazda yells at them and tells them to fix it. Probably also calls them a few names too.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I took my car in to the dealer with a Magnaflow exhaust on it for the first time. THE FIRST WORDS out of the service manager's mouth was, 'oh you realize the warranty on your exhaust is void now'. I said, 'my car's there for an oil change. Does that have something to do with the exhaust?'. WTF was the point of her having to be a bitch? That's ok, I'll get her when her little survey comes in the mail from Mazda.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts