Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay this might be the dumbest question yall ever heard to the veteran heads.

but what does Intake do? does it increase horse power?

basically. i have saved up 600 dollars and i dont know what to get. here are the list of things that i want

stronger amp. $499

magnaflow cat back. $500-700?

Intake $300

Tail lights True Euros? i don't know how much they cost. but i do want overlays also.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Go with the CPE intake at around $540 it will be your best bet, as for what it does it lets more air in the engine (just to keep it simple) As for the cat back, it is only for looks not much power added.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Go with the CPE intake at around $540 it will be your best bet, as for what it does it lets more air in the engine (just to keep it simple) As for the cat back, it is only for looks not much power added.
[/b]
x2

As for the cat back, it is only for looks not much power added.
[/b]
don't forget about sound. it adds that too. but still, no perfomance gains.

·
Registered
206 Posts
yeah, your car needs 2 things to run:air and gas. the intake sucks in the air and a computer inside of your car calculates the amount of gas needed to mix with the air to give you the optimum combustion. the bigger the combustion, the more power you get. so when you add an intake it allows your car to suck in more air, giving you more power. a cold air intake sucks in cooler air that is further away from the engine. cold air is denser, so it provides a bigger bang. hope this helps :)

btw, there are no dumb questions.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ohhhhhh don't let dabears read that.....especially from noobs minus :search:

LOL :nana:
[/b]
i know what you mean. some people just like to contradict you just to prove they are smarter than you or whatever. i believe there are no stupid questions IF you are asking a question to which you do not know the answer to.
yes, there are stupid questions, but this is not a stupid question because he was seriously asking.
and so what if i'm a "noob"? does that automatically make me an idiot? wait a minute...don't answer that. :D

·
Registered
922 Posts
magnaflows are 450 at the most.... add the extra money since you alotted 500-700 and get the tunable mafci system...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts