Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Mazda 6 and this past summer i installed an AEM cold air intake. Car ran great for a little over 2 monthes. Then in early October i noticed while i was stopped in traffic my rpms were jumping from idle to around 1000. Then a few day later my check engine light came on and the car would stumble a little bit. Ive read articles on the forum about a throttle body problem so i took off my cai and put my stock airbox and resonator back on so i could take my car in for service. Now it runs fine, any ideas on what might have been the problem, cause im confused.

·
Registered
867 Posts
short ram would technically not be cold air

·
Registered
366 Posts

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
check your throttle body,mine does it intermittently,it did it when i had my stock airbox on.I'm running the same intake with no problems at all.I have had it on there for almost 2 years.Just remember to clean your MAF sensor.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i'm waiting on my injen fix from cp-e so i can hopefully dyno it on my intake i have. i'm hoping it comes out as well as i know it will*assuming cp-e's #'s are correct* so that there will be a much less expensive and just as good alternative to cp-e.

·
Registered
159 Posts
i'm waiting on my injen fix from cp-e so i can hopefully dyno it on my intake i have. i'm hoping it comes out as well as i know it will*assuming cp-e's #'s are correct* so that there will be a much less expensive and just as good alternative to cp-e.
[/b]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but CPE admits that their system for the injen produces less HP than their complete system.

I would guess that the fuel tuning is a bit different because they would rather sell their entire kit than just an electronic box.

I am confused what you are trying to prove? That cpe was telling the truth that their injen system produces less hp?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but CPE admits that their system for the injen produces less HP than their complete system.

I would guess that the fuel tuning is a bit different because they would rather sell their entire kit than just an electronic box.

I am confused what you are trying to prove? That cpe was telling the truth that their injen system produces less hp?
[/b]
That has been confirmed several times over! I believe that CPE's intake has a larger diameter than the Injen IIRC and that is the reason their product produces bigger gains.

·
Registered
470 Posts

[/b]

What he is trying to prove is that for $300 dollars you can get close to the same performance as spending $550 dollars.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
What he is trying to prove is that for $300 dollars you can get close to the same performance as spending $550 dollars.
[/b]
amen to that one... i'm pretty sure that is what he means. besides, why get the best when you can get something pretty damn close to the best. it's the driver, not the car! (haha... somewhat!) ;)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
listen artards... u gotta buy the damn injen intake first dont ya? so thats like lets say 220 or so rite? then spending another 250 on the injen fix. which is 470 without tax. and the mafci is 520 so its only 50 bux diff..

·
Registered
470 Posts
listen artards... u gotta buy the damn injen intake first dont ya? so thats like lets say 220 or so rite? then spending another 250 on the injen fix. which is 470 without tax. and the mafci is 520 so its only 50 bux diff..
[/b]
Listen you F'in idoit who ever said anything about buying the Injen...Read the post he was refering to and you would see he bought a cheapy off ebay that has the same specs as the Injen. So that is $50-60, plus $250 for the fix = about $300 in my book. :swearin: jesus

Bumpin Blazer would have to have the IQ of a rock to test the injen w/CPE fix since they do it for you on their website... Think b4 posting

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
yes i'm trying to proove that the cp-e no matter how you slice it is better but is 1.5-2.5 hp really worth that 250 bucks? to some yes, to me no, assuming it works. if not i'll just buy the cp-e makes no difference to me.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Easy fellas... i don't want to see this get any uglier... and I really don't want to close the thread... expect PM warnings and stay out of trouble please...

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
probably not a bad idea to reinstall the factory airbox & reset the ECU by unplugging the battery. see if that fixes your woes, if it doesn't take it to the dealer if still under warranty.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Easy fellas... i don't want to see this get any uglier... and I really don't want to close the thread... expect PM warnings and stay out of trouble please...
[/b]
hey there's good info in here and i did nothin :love:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
[/b]
its all good wiggum. dont take the stupid crap i say literally.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Sorry Wiggum I jus take offense to people callin names of retard when what I said was on topic and completely 100% correct.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts