Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out auto parts on ebay motors for my mazda when I came across these cold-air intake systems that were $49.99 plus shipping. I want to get a cold-air intake system for my mazda6, what do you think of the one on ebay? Opinions please.

cold-air intake

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Looks like a crappy Injen knock off to me, I would spend the extra $$ and get an Injen.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh ok thanks dabears2k and Mazda_Gremlyn because I did have a suspicion of why it cheaper than all the rest.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Avoid WeaponR as well, they are no different. Injen, AEM, K&N, and CP-E are the only names I know of that are reputable intake manufacturers making parts for our cars.

I think it is terrible. Crappy piping, crappy filters. You get what you pay for. If you want to go cheaper, get an injen for $200 but have a CEL. If you want more power and no CEL, get the CPE intake.
[/b]
Sure does NOOB! :lol:

·
Registered
288 Posts
From what I've heard/read in this forum, CP-E is the only intake that will not throw a CEL. Don't think it's cool to get anything else.

·
Registered
820 Posts
anyone notice that CP-E jacked up the price of their intakes, they used to say, MSRP: $329.00 Sale Price $289.00, now the sale price is $329.00 and the MSRP is like $389.00, that's pretty ridiculous for what you are actually getting...

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
They also said that the first price was an introductory price. Now, it is at normal price.

But, remember that this is a v6 intake thread, not a speed6 intake thread

·
Registered
901 Posts
anyone notice that CP-E jacked up the price of their intakes, they used to say, MSRP: $329.00 Sale Price $289.00, now the sale price is $329.00 and the MSRP is like $389.00, that's pretty ridiculous for what you are actually getting...
[/b]
What your actually getting? The CP-E MAFci is one of the BEST mods for the money, hands down. Try to find another mod for 500 bucks that adds a good 20whp...You wont..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts