Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious at how much more hp will a cold air intake system for a stock 4cyl . When I had one on my mustang, someone told me that cold air intakes will not increase any horsepower until car is tuned. Is this true?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Should this be under interior modifications??? At any rate. From what I hear, adding a CAI to a 6 will increase hp noticeably (sp?). Maybe not quite that significantly but nonetheless, still noticeable. For most cars however, a CAI will only assist whatever other mod you add. For example... if you were to put on an exhaust and it added 20 hp the CAI could help draw out another 15 hp. Mods are most affective when in combination with other modifications.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewforum.php?f=42

Use the above link as a good resource to guage how much power various CAI's add to our cars. A cra with a CAI that is tuned in theory puts out more power than a cra with a CAI thats not tuned.

PS: please try to post in the correct forums, this should be in the newbie section.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Mazda Gremlyn
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing