Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a while now I've been conteplating my shocks/spring set up. In the end its Koni FTW as far as dampers are concerned. But the springs have me stuck. I live in the midwest where the wheather changes every 5 minutes and no season is ever predictable. Some winters snow for days on end... this past year it snowed maybe twice all winter. The problem is when the car is lowered so much it becomes somewhat of a snow plow. Does anyone raise their car up for the snow? If so what springs do you use to give you a good ride in the summer and still be able to raise your car back up enough in the winter?

This is for all the folks with the lack of funds for a DD/winter car.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I don't have my car slammed, but I do have it lowered by about 1 3/4 inches and I've kept that year round. It was the best configuration for me as it's not super low that I have to raise it for the winter but it gets rid of the wheel gap as well but without that slammed look.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I honestly didn't feel the need to raise the car at all... Considering I also live in Canada with lots of snow... By the time I wake up in the morning, all the roads have been cleared and salted...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
BangHatch
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing