Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I tell ya what. There's nothin like going to pick up your car from the shop, for those of us that arent able to do the job ourselves and everything is ok. The coilovers are gone, vamoose! Insert the Bilstein HD's sleeved with the Eibach Pro Kit springs. New upper front mounts, newly greased sway bar bushings which still look almost brand new, (thanks RacingBeat), control arms and their bushings are still fine. It handles nice n tight just how I like it, all those damn noises are gone. Clinks and clanks and clunks no more!
The wheel lock problem was handled cleanly with no stud issues(my adapter broke). The guys at the shop were nice enough to get me a good new set of locks AND even sent it for an alignment(they cant do it at their shop) which they did not have to do. I was all excited after all this time its done so I went and gave it a quick wash and drove to the mall took some night shots, and they all came out crappy. All grainy and blurry. Cant even use the auto mode cuz it wont turn the flash off which u cant take good shots at nite with the flash. Gona have to look into something better. Its an Olympus Stylus 9000 which I thought for the price would take better shots. Anyway this is really an update for those of you that were following me along in the previous months about my suspension issues which are no longer existent. Thanks guys. I'll get some pics soon enough. the drop is nice.

B

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Which coilovers were u running before? ANd where did you get ur new combo?

thanks

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (SamSamSam @ Feb 8 2010, 11:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635664
Which coilovers were u running before? ANd where did you get ur new combo?

thanks[/b]

I was running on MeganRacing street coilovers. My combo, I got the Bilsteins from a fellow member here and the springs I got from Race Inspired

B

·
Registered
33 Posts
This isn't what I wanted to hear!

I'm getting ready to order Tein SS-P for my i4 Hatch but it is threads like this that drastically make me want to change my mind! Especially since my MX6 had Ksport Coilovers and they were just horrible.

Please post a side view picture of the car when you get a chance with the new setup.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I know I havent gotten the pics up yet. Im having difficulties with a new OS Im using on my laptop so I cannot get my camera or memory card to connect. BUt thanks for reminding me cuz since I'm currently at work I'll try using the work camera and work pc to upload for ya. Gimme a few hours.

B

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
haha, stickers on the fender

im glad you are satisfied with a new setup

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for the picture.

I decided to order a set of Tein H.Tech's instead of coilovers. Hopefully they will be alright. Now I just need to find a place to get my Bilstein's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts