Mazda 6 Forums banner

Coilover and sway update

863 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  klash2000 
#1 ·
I spoke to the parts guy today when I was at the dealer getting my free detail and he said that the coilovers listed on the site are for the MS6. The shocks have adjustable damping and if the springrates are not what you want, you can change them out with a stiffer spring at the dealer. How the spring swap works exactly, he did not say. But he said being it's a coilover solution springs are swappable.

As to the sways, he's looking into the sway kit as someone else was also asking about them here in Austin for an MS6 (anyone on this forum???) He will email me back as soon as the hears from the regional parts manager with an answer. He knows that they are thicker than stock, but he says it may only be a couple of millimeters thicker so handling performance may not increase or be only minimally better. I'll post his feedback once I hear from him.

#3 ·
So, I was just looking at the 2006 MazdaSpeed brochure. If you look in the Mazda 6 section it has the coilovers and the swaybars. Same part numbers as the website ones. In the MazdaSpeed6 section they do not list any suspension options. So, it would seem that these parts are not for the MS6? Not that the coilovers wouldn't fit, just not "designed" for the MS6. I don't think the rear sway would fit as I think it is a different shape for the MS6.

#4 ·
So, I was just looking at the 2006 MazdaSpeed brochure. If you look in the Mazda 6 section it has the coilovers and the swaybars. Same part numbers as the website ones. In the MazdaSpeed6 section they do not list any suspension options. So, it would seem that these parts are not for the MS6? Not that the coilovers wouldn't fit, just not "designed" for the MS6. I don't think the rear sway would fit as I think it is a different shape for the MS6.
[/b]

Yeah, I'm not sure what to say, this is a Mazda parts guy. I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong, honestly I don't know. The guy seemed very on top of it, he even knew about Soulspeed and TWS and how much a coilover solution would make this car better. Not that I should say he's an expert, but he seemed to know what he was talking about.

Ugh, feel like I'm back to square one!

Anyway, I'll update when he calls me back.

Thanks for the input

cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.