Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I,ve just bought a Cobb Short ram intake for my 2006 mazdaspeed6. I heard some worries concerning blown turbo or engine caused by SRI use on a stock turbo car without ''playing'' with the car's computer and setting (car running to lean). I would like to hear from people who have installed SRI on their speed6. Did you experienced some problems? Am I obligated playing on car's computer or I should have no worries putting that intake in my car.

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
You will be fine with an SRI. Your ECU will correct for the increased airflow over the MAF. When you disconnect the battery, you'll reset the ECU and it will start learning the new LTFT's. I installed this and my TIP in at the same time with no tuning, and never had a problem.

Reactions: phil58

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SRi installed and having some problems

I've installed my SRI and I'm experiencing some problems. When driving with just a bit of motor compression (decelarating) or even constant speed with only a little push on the accelerator, the car motor is having some problems of inconstant RPM, resulting in a breaking-no breaking- breaking-no breaking sensation (sorry I'm from Quebec son don't know how to explain this in english). Also, when droping the clutch while driving, the rpm at idle is also unconstant, it swings between 500-800 rpm.

Someone's experienced this problem with SRI on a speed6 or can maybe help me understand?

Is it because the SRI sucks hot air?

I tried disconnecting the battery a couple times to reset the computer but the problem is always the same

if I can't find some answers, I think about reinstall the original intake, without the excellent sound the Cobb intake gives me!

·
Registered
710 Posts
I had a CEL only because my dumbass forgot to disconnect the battery. Other than that, smooth sailing. Hook one up, your car will thank you.

Your post beat mine, LOL! I would do the obvious and make sure you tightened everything correctly. Also, check if you actually overtightened something or else there would be crack and tears. Clean your MAF too while your at it. You'll be surprised how dirty those things get. Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
You will be fine with an SRI. Your ECU will correct for the increased airflow over the MAF. When you disconnect the battery, you'll reset the ECU and it will start learning the new LTFT's. I installed this and my TIP in at the same time with no tuning, and never had a problem.
As long as you disconnect the battery as stated you should be fine. Have the same one! enjoy the new sound! :D

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
You probably either have a vac leak, or your ECU needs a little more time to re-learn" itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts