Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like COBB will be bringing back the MS3 FMIC. Will this fit the MS6 with minor mods? I hope they make this FMIC for the MS6 too... Here's the info from a "COBB Tuning Mazda Product Update" email I received yesterday:

The COBB MAZDASPEED3 Front Mount Intercooler is making a comeback and will be available in the very near future. The final pieces are out being powdercoated and once they come in, we'll be ready to put this popular item back up on the website. There FMIC kit has been updated for better fit and includes some nice cosmetic improvements as well. We are looking forward to getting these back out to MAZDASPEED3 enthusiasts!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Do you remember a price they wanted when they were selling it?

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure, but I think it was competitively priced.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I asked this awhile back and no it wont fit. Our windshield washer reservoir is in the way. Trust me, I was gonna do this but did my own setup and for much more cheaper.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I asked this awhile back and no it wont fit. Our windshield washer reservoir is in the way. Trust me, I was gonna do this but did my own setup and for much more cheaper.

Do you have a writeup to your setup you did?

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Do you have a writeup to your setup you did?
Do a search cause many other members have done their own and I didnt do any write up.

·
Registered
86 Posts
that custom front mount is massive lol. i hope cobb makes that fmic because their stuff is always top notch and i just really have not been sold on the corksport or cpe (especially for the price).

ps. anyone heard anything on the alleged atp front mount?

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm... I'm starting to think I should build up some courage and look into making my own. The problem is that I'd want to take my time. This car is my DD and it's the only car I have. Still doable... we''ll see... 1 grand for a kit is too much money!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hmmm... I'm starting to think I should build up some courage and look into making my own. The problem is that I'd want to take my time. This car is my DD and it's the only car I have. Still doable... we''ll see... 1 grand for a kit is too much money!
i hear you, im in the same boat, i wanna see what atp and cobb do first. im in no rush

·
Registered
548 Posts
i hear you, im in the same boat, i wanna see what atp and cobb do first. im in no rush
neither are they, the car has been out of production for 3 years.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i just did my own set-up. i had to relocate my windshield washer res. to the other side but it worked out a lot better (and a lot cheaper) than the CP-e because i used 2.5 inch piping instead of CP-e's tiny piping. i think all said and done i spent like 500ish on my fmic. i followed the same path as Qwik6 i believe. his looks better than mine though. haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts