Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 6s wagon 5MT
171 Posts
No pedal pressure or the clutch no longer grabs?

Odd that it would go out suddenly, usually they start slipping a for a while before they become completely useless.

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
4,544 Posts
It goes into gear but will not actually go. Sitting still I can put it into 1st and so forth but car won’t move
Can you put it into gear with or without the clutch pedal depressed?
Can you put it into reverse with the engine running?

A transmission that is in gear and the clutch engaged (pedal up) with no forward movement could be the following:
  • Clogged hydraulic line or physical obstruction preventing full clutch fork release.
  • Broken clutch cover
  • Broken drive shaft (open differential equipped)
  • Broken CV Joint
  • Broken transmission (input shaft, output shaft, gear...)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you put it into gear with or without the clutch pedal depressed?
Can you put it into reverse with the engine running?

A transmission that is in gear and the clutch engaged (pedal up) with no forward movement could be the following:
  • Clogged hydraulic line or physical obstruction preventing full clutch fork release.
  • Broken clutch cover
  • Broken drive shaft (open differential equipped)
  • Broken CV Joint
  • Broken transmission (input shaft, output shaft, gear...)
The clutch will go down and come back up and it will go into the gears but if you accelerate nothing happens. I was driving at 60mph just fine and all of a sudden the tach rev up and then I couldn’t downshift or anything

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
4,544 Posts
The clutch will go down and come back up and it will go into the gears but if you accelerate nothing happens. I was driving at 60mph just fine and all of a sudden the tach rev up and then I couldn’t downshift or anything
I am wagering it is an internal failure of the transmission or a blown CV joint. I suppose it could be stripped axle splines but whatever you have, you are going to have to look underneath (set up a video looking at the axles when you try to move with blocked wheels).

·
Registered
2014 Mazda 6 GT & 2006 Mazda 6 GT-MT HB
1,014 Posts
Same symptoms I had when one of my CV axles snapped. The OEM CV axles on these vehicles can snap in half once they get old.
Look behind the front wheels.

Automotive tire Wood Sculpture Gas Art

1 - 11 of 11 Posts