Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just brought a new clutch kit LUK#10064 for my 06 mazdaspeed6 4cyl turbo, im just wondering if it can go with the stock flywheel if so i can just get it resurfaced. If not any suggestions?

484 Posts
So i just brought a new clutch kit LUK#10064 for my 06 mazdaspeed6 4cyl turbo, im just wondering if it can go with the stock flywheel if so i can just get it resurfaced. If not any suggestions?
I've heard that the flywheel on these cars is very thin meaning its best not to resurface it, but if it's done properly I think you'll be fine. If your car has a lot of mileage it might be best to just replace the flywheel as well as it's not very expensive. It probably depends on what your driving style looks like and how much abuse your flywheel has taken over the years.

·
Rally Racer
2,062 Posts
You should be able to resurface it. If you have a decent caliper or micrometer you could see how much material is left. The machinist will do this before cutting regardless. I have been able to turn lightweight flywheels successfully.
Nothing to loose until you try.
Keep in mind that being a dual mass it will likely require some specialized tools.
If it makes you nervous however then that's it, you must go re-manufactured.
Peace of mind is everything.

484 Posts
You should be able to resurface it. If you have a decent caliper or micrometer you could see how much material is left. The machinist will do this before cutting regardless. I have been able to turn lightweight flywheels successfully.
Nothing to loose until you try.
Keep in mind that being a dual mass it will likely require some specialized tools.
If it makes you nervous however then that's it, you must go re-manufactured.
Peace of mind is everything.
Depends on who is resurfacing the flywheel; whether they know what they are doing or not. Sometimes it could be better to just buy a new one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts