Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get my hands on a burned up stock clutch.....if it is the same as the MAZDASPEED clutch....as in the best clutch we have available today.

Once I get one, I will have it good and properly converted to a 1-4 second slipper clutch with a Feramic material and a full rework of the pressure plate to to give us an approx 25% increase in plate loading.

This will increase our TQ handling capacity to about 500 FT/LB while allowing us to slip for 1-4 seconds without having to worry. Anything over 4 seconds of slip would still over heat the Feramic material and cause welding to the plate.

So.....who has fried a clutch yet? Who is close? I will pay a large part of the cost to get your clutch turned into a lean/mean slipper clutch machine that can eat up the abuse we need to give it.

Once I get this established.......these clutch's will become readily available to all of us by the manufacturer. I do not build clutches, nor do I work for this custom clutch company. But once they do the initial clutch and design the material and pressure plate mods....its a deal that we can all get anytime we wanted it.

If I can not find a burned up clutch, I may have to buy a new MazdaSpeed clutch to send in....but that seems like a huge waste of cash, unless the OEM clutch is not the same as a Mazdaspeed clutch....? I want to start with the bad boy, and go from there. The cost for something like this would be $550, but I will be paying most of the bill for the first clutch we can round up!

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
you're probably gonna have to buy one or find a salvaged one. if anyone here has burnt up a clutch, it would be covered under warranty.

edit:
i just noticed the other post. i stand corrected.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I need to get my hands on a burned up stock clutch.....if it is the same as the MAZDASPEED clutch....as in the best clutch we have available today.

Once I get one, I will have it good and properly converted to a 1-4 second slipper clutch with a Feramic material and a full rework of the pressure plate to to give us an approx 25% increase in plate loading.

This will increase our TQ handling capacity to about 500 FT/LB while allowing us to slip for 1-4 seconds without having to worry. Anything over 4 seconds of slip would still over heat the Feramic material and cause welding to the plate.

So.....who has fried a clutch yet? Who is close? I will pay a large part of the cost to get your clutch turned into a lean/mean slipper clutch machine that can eat up the abuse we need to give it.

Once I get this established.......these clutch's will become readily available to all of us by the manufacturer. I do not build clutches, nor do I work for this custom clutch company. But once they do the initial clutch and design the material and pressure plate mods....its a deal that we can all get anytime we wanted it.

If I can not find a burned up clutch, I may have to buy a new MazdaSpeed clutch to send in....but that seems like a huge waste of cash, unless the OEM clutch is not the same as a Mazdaspeed clutch....? I want to start with the bad boy, and go from there. The cost for something like this would be $550, but I will be paying most of the bill for the first clutch we can round up!
[/b]
I know this doesn't help in your search for a burned up clutch, but SR Motorsports does offer a performance clutch and flywheel upgrade for the MS6. Not sure how "performance" it is but you can certainly give them a shout. I have no experience with them or their products, but came across them while searching for a clutch upgrade when I found out my clutch was gone. Ended up having mine replaced with another factory clutch under warranty.

:EDIT:

Link: http://www.srmotorsports.com/Mazda6_Perfor..._Flywheels.html

P.S. The dealership kept my clutch since it was replaced under warranty. So no help there.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
IIRC, the mazda 6 and mazdaspeed 6 do not have a compatable clutch assembly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts