Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so yes I see alot of posts about the clutch but none really seem to doing the same thing as mine. I have an 04 6s MTX, I get this really loud squeak at times when I depress/release the clutch, however, it only seems to happen when the engine is at relatively (+4k) high rpm, generally from 1st-2nd or 2nd-3rd gears. Guess I will bleed the clutch fluid and see if that works for starters, but anyone else have any suggestions on what might be the cause?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Bleed clutch, if that doesn't solve the problem, change transmission fluid, if that doesn't work, replace release bearing also known as throw out bearing. Clean off all dust off those rubber dust covers, master and slave cylinders.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Are you sure it's not just a slipping belt? Mine squeaks in between shifts sometimes.
[/b]

wtf, a belt? Do you mean the shifting cable? That cable can't slip, can can break, but not slip.

·
Registered
318 Posts
wtf, a belt? Do you mean the shifting cable? That cable can't slip, can can break, but not slip.
[/b]
No my friend. The serpentine belt. Search the forums a bit. You'll find others have this problem as well. This may or may not be the problem in Elijah's case, but the way he described the sound is just like the squeaking belt problem I have.

·
Registered
347 Posts
No my friend. The serpentine belt. Search the forums a bit. You'll find others have this problem as well. This may or may not be the problem in Elijah's case, but the way he described the sound is just like the squeaking belt problem I have.
[/b]

ummmm.... the belt you are talking about is located on the right side of the engine. But all clutch components are located on left side of the engine. Apparently he is having problems with the clutch since he mentioned when he step on the clutch. A loose or badly worn belt will make constant noise (especially when the belt is cold, during cold start, etc.) not when he steps on the clutch.

·
Registered
318 Posts
ummmm.... the belt you are talking about is located on the right side of the engine. But all clutch components are located on left side of the engine.
[/b]
What does that have to do with anything?

Apparently he is having problems with the clutch since he mentioned when he step on the clutch.
[/b]
Just because the sound happens when he depresses the clutch does not necessarily mean that the clutch is making the sound. Often in troubleshooting one needs to consider the car as a whole system, and consider what effect one component of the system has on another to be able to accurately troubleshoot issues such as these.

A loose or badly worn belt will make constant noise (especially when the belt is cold, during cold start, etc.) not when he steps on the clutch.
[/b]
Simply untrue. A belt slips when it is overloaded. Just like tires do under cornering or braking.

I don't understand why we're arguing over this. Why don't you do some reading:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=731905

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=428979

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=307864

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=288509

under hard acceleration? or under 4000 rpm?
[/b]
For me this occurs under hard acceleration when I'm shifting hard, generally ABOVE 4k. It happens IN BETWEEN shifts when the engine RPMs are FALLING.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I've attributed the serpentine belt chirp/squeal to my weakening tensioner. It has always done it to a degree, but does seem to be getting worse of late. Sadly, my warranty just expired so the repair will be on me. And it looks like a m/f'r to do. Oh well. As a note: the belt squeal seems to happen about the same as a throwout bearing would. Between shifts when the belt tensioner is reverse loaded momentarily causing a slip. It's worse when the AC is on/cycling.

On the original poster's side, I was getting a squeal from my throwout bearing under hard, high RPM shifts as the pedal was slipped from it's farthest point of travel. That has since been taken care thanks to a new clutch assembly and related parts courtesy of Mazda North America. Thank you!!! :yesnod:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts