Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Speed6. When I rev the car much beyond 2700RPM and push the clutch in to shift from first to second there is a noticeable thud/clunk type feeling (there is no audible sound however). Is this the result of the motor mount that everyone likes to replace or is this totally abnormal? Or is it maybe a combo of the motor mount and tricky clutch? I know this has been covered to some extent before, I'm just looking for a sanity check I guess :huh: because I am going crazy trying to get it to not jolt when I push the clutch in for the 1 to 2 shift.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
It's a tricky clutch. I feel that MS6 clutch is a lot more sensitive than regular 6.

You'll eventually get used to it and learn on how to shift smoothly.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Try rolling back off the accelerator just as you are disengaging the clutch. This should help remove the tension in the drivetrain and help minimize the shift shock.

As was mentioned, an upgraded motor mount helps by reducing drivetrain movement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.