Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently upgraded my clutch to a stage 1 racing from SPEC. I am very happy with the upgrade. I wont lie to you. the install was very stressful. ran into many snags. I wont go into that. they were all handled as they arised. Anyways after it was all said and done with got everything put back together im all excited. its the first test drive with my new clutch push the clutch in.... turn the switch...nothing....again....nothing....once more....still nothing. a guy i work with (my coach through whole installment hops in and plays with and turns the key and begins rapidly pressing and depressing the clutch....starts up. Finally figured out the trick to it.... have to turn the key and stomp the clutch to the floor. Kind of like kick starting a motorcycle. My question is WTF? anyone else had this problem? the car starts up fine everytime but im still new to a manual and stall out occasionally (not near as much as when i first got the thing but still have some problems on the steeper hills) and gets kind of frustrating. any ideas on what could be the problem? and if so any solutions or info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Maybe your switch got bumped and needs to be moved back into the correct spot? I honestly dont know where the switch is, but it is probably in the floor near the pedel...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cant be too hard to find. Thanks

·
Registered
377 Posts
hha the switch is actually not ON the floor.. but if u go down.. and follow ur clutch pedal up.. u'll se a little box with two wires coming out of it.. and a little button.. brown if i remember correctly.. just make sure it's aligned properly.. to where when u press the clutch down.. it presses the button in completely.. if not.. glue a buffer(spacer) anything to make it press in completely.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Y'know... it's funny how you worded the title... by extending the connection to that switch and hiding the button in some obscure (but still convenient) location, you actually could rig up a little ghetto theft deterrent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts