Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
I just had this issue and it was my clutch pedal that was cracked and also my clutch line was bad. Now car shifts smooth. Op do you have a stock clutch?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can someone please help me because this is driving me crazy. I'm not going to go to the dealership and pay crazy money to get this fixed and I can handle mostly anything you guys will throw at me.. I hope. So my clutch is sticking a few inches down every time I shift. I have to put my foot under and pop it back up... EVERY TIME. Its sticking right at the top of where it engages. I don't think that it is engages at all where it is sticking but its way too close for comfort. I'm attached some pictures of whats going on. Its not my master or slave cylinders.
This youtube video is going to give you the best view and understanding though:

Thanks guys!
What was the solution? Im having the same problem. I replaced the clutch kit, throwout barring, and slave cylinder. Still no luck on getting my pedal to return without having to pull it up with my foot. Help

·
Registered
4 Posts
No. They are two different things. A failed master cylinder, near the firewall is what causes your clutch to not come back up like it should.
So I should probably replace the clutch master cylinder is my clutch pedal won't come all the way back up? I've already replaced the whole clutch kit and the slave cylinder.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
So I should probably replace the clutch master cylinder is my clutch pedal won't come all the way back up? I've already replaced the whole clutch kit and the slave cylinder.
Im pretty sure i was clear when i was the master on the firewall, this pretty much says its not the same as the slave on the tranny.

I'd first check that the pedal is not rubbing with anything and then yes, replace the master.
No, i had the same thing happen, its the master.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts