Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently my clutch has begun to slip more and more, thinking about replacing it when I get my tax return this year. I dont have any mods done to my 2004 6s V6 mtx, so would it be worth it for me to upgrade to a race clutch kit? After I do this I might add a few more mods but not too many.

also if I did upgrade to a race clutch would it be wise of me to get a new fly wheel or could I get away with jus having my original one "redone"

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
440 Posts
Well since you say you won't be doing too many mods, i wouldnt suggest a high end racing clutch. Something like a stage one organic maybe from the usual good brands like Exedy or even Clutchmasters if your not lookin to spend a whole lot. And the flywheel, id maybe take your car in to someone and ask em to give you an overall look of the transmission. Cuz if the clutch material is down enough that your hittin the flywheel, its a possibility its damaged and since your spending to buy a new clutch and have it installed then you might as well get a ncie shiny new flywheel too. How bad would u say its slipping on u?

B

·
Registered
179 Posts
QUOTE (JerseyBoy357 @ Jan 20 2010, 08:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1631130
Well since you say you won't be doing too many mods, i wouldnt suggest a high end racing clutch. Something like a stage one organic maybe from the usual good brands like Exedy or even Clutchmasters if your not lookin to spend a whole lot. And the flywheel, id maybe take your car in to someone and ask em to give you an overall look of the transmission. Cuz if the clutch material is down enough that your hittin the flywheel, its a possibility its damaged and since your spending to buy a new clutch and have it installed then you might as well get a ncie shiny new flywheel too. How bad would u say its slipping on u?

B[/b]

I'm having slipping as well. Tends to be mostly in 4th or 5th gear. In the upepr range (above 3200 rpm). What is the benefit of goign to a "sporty" clutch as opposed to an OEM one? Also, what would be the price difference?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Its been awhile since I have kept up on the 6 boards, but my clutch is on its way out. I have a 2003 6s, and I was thinking of getting the Exedy clutch and Fidanza flywheel combo. Is the CM a better option? This will just be for a NA daily driver. Where is a good place to get these parts nowadays? RPM used to be the goto place, but its been a couple years since I have needed to buy anything. Is Donny still around and good to deal with? Is there a new vendor of choice?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Blennidae
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing