Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I was driving on the interstate and traffic was slowing so I downshifted into 4th, let up off the clutch and gave it some gas. The motor just revved up and I could smell the clutch burning. My question is what could have caused this; it happened once before about a month ago?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I remembered that thread and I guess I will be taking it into the dealership in the not to distant future.

·
Registered
583 Posts
i did the exact same thing and mazda denied the warranty claim. they said it was basically user error and the clutch is not meant to handle that downshift. well i was going sixty and downshifted to fourth. i didn't gas it at all when i downshifted and it went straight to red line and then i put it in sixth and it went straight to red line.

i have had my clutch replaced for a similar thing during a half-ass launch. not a hard launch, but more than needed to get the car going.

anyway, i have downshifted to fourth before about the same speed and have done so since and haven't had the same problem. i dunno what it is about this clutch, but it has a mind of its own.

i still grind gears when the clutch is depressed enough to engage whether that is during spirited driving or not. very annoying.

now my second gear keeps popping out. also, annoying.

·
Registered
176 Posts
So yesterday I was driving on the interstate and traffic was slowing so I downshifted into 4th, let up off the clutch and gave it some gas. The motor just revved up and I could smell the clutch burning. My question is what could have caused this; it happened once before about a month ago?
[/b]
Have you done the clutch pedal adjustment? If so, check to be sure that you have allowed for full engagement. Just a thought . . .

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
[/b]

Out of curiousity, how many miles do you have on the car?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts