Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago, my clutch started making someone of a clicking sound every now and again when I supress the clutch. It only happens at initial conact like maybe the pedal is a little loose or something from the rest of the clutch assembly. I'm not sure if this is a problem with my clutch or if there is some way to just tighten up the clutch pedal...Has anyone else had this problem or know what I'm talking about?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
abefroeman...don't thread jack...GET YOUR OWN...

COLESKI, how many miles are on your car?

try: http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...hl=clutch+noise
[/b]
My car has just over 70,000 miles on it.

abefroeman...don't thread jack...GET YOUR OWN...

COLESKI, how many miles are on your car?

try: http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...hl=clutch+noise
[/b]
That link does not really describe the noise I'm hearing, it more like a subtle click like the pedal and the rest of the clutch are separated as opposed to any kind of metal grinding or true clutch problems where a clutch might be worn out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My car has just over 70,000 miles on it.
That link does not really describe the noise I'm hearing, it more like a subtle click like the pedal and the rest of the clutch are separated as opposed to any kind of metal grinding or true clutch problems where a clutch might be worn out.
[/b]
i had a new exedy clutch and flywheel put in about 3k miles ago. is the click you speak of is somewhat faint? cuz thats what i have, its not loud or obnoxious, and it doesnt always happen. my car is at the dealer having a new motor put in but their supoose to check out the hydraulic unit in the clutch because the pedal fell to the floor one day pulling into school. so when i get it back well see what they find and if it makes a difference ill let you know. but ive had that click for 3k miles now and havent had a problems. no clutch slip or anything like that.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
i have the exact same 'clicking' you're talking about. i've read others with the same issue to.

basically its like walking on an old wooden floor and you hear the creeking... and it only happens when you slowly de-press or press the clutch, even when the engine isn't running.. and it tends to be more pronounced once the transmission is warmed up?

if this is what your symptoms are, then its the same as mine and a few others. i've come to the conclusion that it probably isn't a big issue. its something inside the clutch assembly, possibly the clutch fork as others have mentioned.

there's alot of clutch dust in there and i wouldn't be surprised if some of the grease just got worn down... and its a huge job to take it apart just for a grease job.

i've also read that some say it is the clutch switches; had my dealership lube those but it didn't help.

i've been experimenting with apply some lube through the clutch fork boot so i'll let u know if it helps. it does help for a bit and the clutch feels nice and uber smooth after, but i think the silicon is getting worn down. i might have to try and find a thicker grease i can spray in there.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have the exact same 'clicking' you're talking about. i've read others with the same issue to.

basically its like walking on an old wooden floor and you hear the creeking... and it only happens when you slowly de-press or press the clutch, even when the engine isn't running.. and it tends to be more pronounced once the transmission is warmed up?

if this is what your symptoms are, then its the same as mine and a few others. i've come to the conclusion that it probably isn't a big issue. its something inside the clutch assembly, possibly the clutch fork as others have mentioned.

there's alot of clutch dust in there and i wouldn't be surprised if some of the grease just got worn down... and its a huge job to take it apart just for a grease job.
i've also read that some say it is the clutch switches; had my dealership lube those but it didn't help.
i've been experimenting with apply some lube through the clutch fork boot so i'll let u know if it helps. it does help for a bit and the clutch feels nice and uber smooth after, but i think the silicon is getting worn down. i might have to try and find a thicker grease i can spray in there.
[/b]
Thanks for the input. As I've been paying more attention to the noise. I only have the noice occur after I make a turn in my car. If I'm going straight on a highway for a while or change gears without making turns. I don't hear the noise. Immediately after making a turn and as soon as I put my foot on the clutch it sort of pops as if something is clicking into place. That's my most recent observation. I tried to lube up the assembly where it goes through the firewall but that was no help.

·
Registered
900 Posts
On top of all of the other clutch issues, :swearin: I had this same problem...right before they replaced my clutch and related parts under warranty at 45,000 miles!!! ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On top of all of the other clutch issues, :swearin: I had this same problem...right before they replaced my clutch and related parts under warranty at 45,000 miles!!! ;)
[/b]
Do you recall what was causing the noise or did you just get the whole system replaced?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you recall what was causing the noise or did you just get the whole system replaced?
[/b]
Another note...I've paid even closer attention to the problem and noticed this morning on the way to work that the noise only happens after making a RIGHT turn. Taking a left turn then using the clutch is no problem, but after exiting off of the interstate or any right turn. The next time I hit the clutch I get the noise, what's going on???

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can some clutch expert please tell me what my problem is. I reiterate the sound only happens immediately after making a right turn which is really awkward. Somebody help me ...

·
Registered
900 Posts
[/b]
They never said. I had thought that it was the pressure plate, but I think the throwout bearing could have had a hand in it, too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Your clicking is probably form a Throwout Bearing. This is a common symptom of that. As for Coleski I would be yours is a CV bearing since it makes the noise more when turning. This noise you have is another common occurance for said defect.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your clicking is probably form a Throwout Bearing. This is a common symptom of that. As for Coleski I would be yours is a CV bearing since it makes the noise more when turning. This noise you have is another common occurance for said defect.
[/b]
I understand that there are a lot of common problems with the clutch in the 6. My question is if I can get the CV bearing replaced alone or if the whole clutch system needs to be replaced?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts